Speculation: 2016 Salary Arbitration Tracker (players and dates in OP)

mytduxfan*

No Lindholm?

He knows he'll get more if he doesn't go to arbitration or what? Why wouldn't you file? Must be a reason.

Lindholm must be close to signing. I'm surprised he didn't file.

Lindholm didn't have arb rights. You have to have played in 4 NHL seasons. I believe it's 3 if you signed a contract after 20 years of age. Hence, Frederik Andersen also had arb rights despite only playing in 3 NHL seasons.

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
Jordan Weal played 14 NHL games last season and scored 0 points.

I have no idea what his agent plans to present at his arbitration hearing.

Flyers: "We would like to pay Weal xxx amount of money. He barely played and made no impact when he did, but we kind of like him, and hope he can someday develop."

Arbitrator: "OK, gotcha, alrighty Mr. Weal, what's your case?"

Weal's agent: "..."

Arbitrator: "Sir, it's your turn."

Weal's agent: "Honestly, I got nuthin. Can we just get more money, though?"

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
are you sure about this? I thought once the hearing starts he cant be traded..
Up until the hearing he could..

He can be traded.

you are confusing this with an offer sheet.

1) no one can sign him to an offer sheet now that arbitration has been elected for.
2) if it was an offer sheet that is matched, he can't be traded for a year.

There is nothing that stops a team trading a player before or after arbitration.

KeziaTML

Apr 29, 2010
Calgary, AB
Lindholm didn't have arb rights. You have to have played in 4 NHL seasons. I believe it's 3 if you signed a contract after 20 years of age. Hence, Frederik Andersen also had arb rights despite only playing in 3 NHL seasons.

Good to know, thank you.

suddeninterest

Aug 19, 2014
His comparables are guys like OEL, Hamilton, Leddy, Josi, Klingberg, etc. If he gets over $6m, I'd be surprised.

I wouldn't, Barrie had 2 full seasons with more points (~10) than any of those players before they signed their current contracts. I wouldn't bat an eye if the arbitrator gave him 6.5+. Unfortunately for the Avs, these cases favor offensive production and Barrie has it.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I wouldn't, Barrie had 2 full seasons with more points (~10) than any of those players before they signed their current contracts. I wouldn't bat an eye if the arbitrator gave him 6.5+. Unfortunately for the Avs, these cases favor offensive production and Barrie has it.

I really don't see 6.5 when Yandle and Goligoski didn't get that as UFA's. I think 4 is probably what he gets.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
no it isnt, as of right now barrie cannot be traded until he has a contract. its actually simple.

like av fans have been saying all along, sakic wants barrie to stay. now he is staying. at worst they will sign him and trade whatever the arbitrator awards. players like barrie dont get walked away from.

He can be traded. It's actually simple.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Oilers should have sent an offersheet to Barrie when they had the chance, unless they did and Barrie wouldn't sign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad