Speculation: 2016 Salary Arbitration Tracker (players and dates in OP)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
no he is not

July 6th, 2015
http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nhl/predators/2015/07/05/nashville-predators-arbitration-rfas-colin-wilson-craig-smith-contracts/29742913/
Predators forwards and restricted free agents Colin Wilson, Craig Smith and Taylor Beck have all filed for player-elected salary arbitration, the NHL Players' Association announced Sunday.

July 12th, 2015
https://www.nhl.com/news/forward-beck-traded-to-maple-leafs-by-predators/c-774638
The Nashville Predators on Sunday traded the rights to forward Taylor Beck to the Toronto Maple Leafs for forward Jamie Devane.

Beck, 24, who is a restricted free agent, has 11 goals, 12 assists and a minus-6 rating in 85 NHL games; he had 16 points (eight goals) in 62 games last season. The Predators selected Beck (6-foot-2, 203 pounds) in the third round (No. 70) at the 2009 NHL Draft.

Someone's going to have to clarify.

taunting canadian

Jan 3, 2005
I googled something and got this

If a player elects arbitration, the club may actually choose to walk away from the award and make the player an unrestricted free agent under certain circumstances. For one, the arbitration award has to be $3.5M per year or more. As with every other number like this, the $3.5M figure will index annually at the same percentage as the League Average Salary changes.

Maybe because Beck's arbitration wasnt above 3.5m?

Maybe there's something in the CBA about arbitration amount and trades, but that clause is regarding walkaway rights. A team can walk away from a >3.5M$ arbitration award, which makes the player a UFA immediately.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I googled something and got this

If a player elects arbitration, the club may actually choose to walk away from the award and make the player an unrestricted free agent under certain circumstances. For one, the arbitration award has to be $3.5M per year or more. As with every other number like this, the $3.5M figure will index annually at the same percentage as the League Average Salary changes.

Maybe because Beck's arbitration wasnt above 3.5m?
Beck never made it to arbitration and was traded before hand so there is no money amount

Someone's going to have to clarify.
not much to clarify.. Dater was talking out of his ass... nowhere it says that a player cannot be traded before the hearing.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Maybe there's something in the CBA about arbitration amount and trades, but that clause is regarding walkaway rights. A team can walk away from a >3.5M$ arbitration award, which makes the player a UFA immediately.

Yeah and Beck didnt qualify for that which didnt make him a UFA so his rights coud be traded.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Beck never made it to arbitration and was traded before hand so there is no money amount

not much to clarify.. Dater was talking out of his ass... nowhere it says that a player cannot be traded before the hearing.

To be fair, Dreger said the same thing this morning. There's nothing in the CBA that I've seen regarding this issue.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
The same article i was reading stated the same thing Dater and Dreger stated

"Teams and players are not bound to enter into arbitration. If the team and player agree to any legal NHL deal before the arbitration starts, then the signing of the SPC which follows voids the need to go through arbitration. Teams may not trade players who are pending an arbitration hearing."

FazeLeaf*

What are some of those players going to argue in the arbitration case? Whats Jared Coreau, Jordan Schroeder, Jordan Weal going to argue in favor if themselves. That they have played a game? :laugh:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Oh good. No more Barrie crap.

just starting getting started, baby

62718774.jpg

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

"Teams and players are not bound to enter into arbitration. If the team and player agree to any legal NHL deal before the arbitration starts, then the signing of the SPC which follows voids the need to go through arbitration. Teams may not trade players who are pending an arbitration hearing."

And it's not true apparently.

Unless the league dropped the ball that one time and Taylor Beck will now have to cycle backwards through all fourteen teams he's played for since that trade.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
And it's not true apparently.

Unless the league dropped the ball that one time and Taylor Beck will now have to cycle backwards through all fourteen teams he's played for since that trade.

Dater just said that a player can be traded if he has reached a contract agreement with his current or new team lol.

Bottom line is that he can still be traded.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Dater basically said that Beck and Nashville already had a contract agreed upon and signed and then he was traded, THEN the contract was announced to the public.

So, Barrie can be traded if he agrees to a contract with the Av's. Basically sign and trade lmao.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Jordan Weal played 14 NHL games last season and scored 0 points.

I have no idea what his agent plans to present at his arbitration hearing.

Quokka

Oct 17, 2012
Regina, SK

I think people/the media are confusing the trade rules where an offer sheet has been signed by the player and not yet matched by the team (not allowed) and the trade rules or lack thereof after a player or team has filed for arbitration. As far as I can tell from the CBA, arbitration has no effect on the ability to trade a player.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Lindholm must be close to signing. I'm surprised he didn't file.

EDIT: I guess he wasn't eligible. My bad.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad