2016 NHL Entry Draft (Part IV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Wonder if New Jersey would bite on 22 + 36 for 11. Their cupboards are pretty bare. I'd target any of the top 3 LHD's that could potentially fall, or Keller.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Anybody else catch this in the Lawless article? I'm often very critical of Chevy, but this is what I love reading. Tells me the front office is functional rather than some GM disregarding everything the scouts say.

“I watched Puljujärvi a lot at the under-18s and I’ll now head over to the world championship and hope to get to watch Laine. I’ve seen both players and so have our scouts. I’ll get to watch them again and ask a lot of questions and then our scouts will make the decision. It’s exciting. These are very good players we’re going to get to choose from.”

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
Anybody else catch this in the Lawless article? I'm often very critical of Chevy, but this is what I love reading. Tells me the front office is functional rather than some GM disregarding everything the scouts say.

“I watched Puljujärvi a lot at the under-18s and I’ll now head over to the world championship and hope to get to watch Laine. I’ve seen both players and so have our scouts. I’ll get to watch them again and ask a lot of questions and then our scouts will make the decision. It’s exciting. These are very good players we’re going to get to choose from.â€

Well if you aren't going to listen to the scouts, why have them on the payroll.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I hope that Chevy doesn't waste the 2nd pick with some "character" player who is totally off the board.

Closest he ever did to that was Mark S who has turned fine. I don't see that happening with this pick, it will be one of the top three.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

“I watched Puljujärvi a lot at the under-18s and I’ll now head over to the world championship and hope to get to watch Laine. I’ve seen both players and so have our scouts. I’ll get to watch them again and ask a lot of questions and then our scouts will make the decision. It’s exciting. These are very good players we’re going to get to choose from.â€

I watched the video where he said that. Not sure what point you are trying to make though. Sounded like a great way to dodge the question to me. He also said someting like "I know just enough that I'm dangerous"....or something like that just before that quote.

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Damien Cox first rd mock draft. I know it's Cox but he gets lots of help.

1 TOR Mathews
2 WPG Laine
3 CBJ Pulj
4 EDM Juolevi
5 VAN PLD
6 CGY Tkachuk
7 ARI Nylander
8 BUF Chychrun
9 MTL Jost
10 COL Stanley
11 NJD Brown
12 OTT Bean
13 CAR Keller
14 BOS Sergachev
15 MIN Gauthier
16 DET Rubstov
17 NSH McLeod
18 PHI Kunin
19 TBL Jones
20 ARI McAvoy
21 CAR Tutle
22 WPG Fabbro
23 BOS Bellows
24 NYI DeBrincat
25 FLA Asplund
26 ANA Claque
27 TOR Gustavsson (G)
28 STL Thompson
29 DAL Cholowski
30 WAS Grundstrom
Wow... Dare to dream!

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Damien Cox first rd mock draft. I know it's Cox but he gets lots of help.

1 TOR Mathews
2 WPG Laine
3 CBJ Pulj
4 EDM Juolevi
5 VAN PLD
6 CGY Tkachuk
7 ARI Nylander
8 BUF Chychrun
9 MTL Jost
10 COL Stanley
11 NJD Brown
12 OTT Bean
13 CAR Keller
14 BOS Sergachev
15 MIN Gauthier
16 DET Rubstov
17 NSH McLeod
18 PHI Kunin
19 TBL Jones
20 ARI McAvoy
21 CAR Tutle
22 WPG Fabbro
23 BOS Bellows
24 NYI DeBrincat
25 FLA Asplund
26 ANA Claque
27 TOR Gustavsson (G)
28 STL Thompson
29 DAL Cholowski
30 WAS Grundstrom

Amazing. So many RHDs though

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
A little late to the part but congrats everyone. Was out at the lake and I keep it mostly off the grid. Spent the lottery pacing up and down my back deck with an old radio that brings in 1290 remarkably clear. Gave quite a shout when the Flames dropped to #6. And another one when Columbus went at #3. Then broke open a fine bottle of wine. (Was drinking the cheap **** before and during). Getting Laine will be a huge :banana:

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I saw in the GDT several times people referencing Teemu's number for Laine either #8 (currently held by Trouba or #13 (currently held by Tanev.)Why would he do that even if those two players gave up their numbers for him? Laine's number is 29. Why would he suddenly change his favorite number? Why wouldn't he want his own identity?

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Just to clear this up: THERE IS 0% CHANCE WE ARE NOT TAKING A FINN. 95% sure we are taking Laine.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I'm loving both Finns, very happy with either......but I'm not so sure that it's a given it will be Laine. Can't wait to see who we pick of the two.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I'm loving both Finns, very happy with either......but I'm not so sure that it's a given it will be Laine. Can't wait to see who we pick of the two.

How can Pulj rise? He's finished playing for the year. Some scouts are even rating Laine above Mathews now. Both are playing at the worlds. I doubt either one drops below Pulj at this point. Can't see a scenario where that is possible TBH.

Did I mention Laine is the only right shot (more desireable at the draft table) of the top 6 forwards?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I'd be pretty surprised if it wasn't Laine. A lot of the recent talk has him moving into a discussion with Matthews for first overall. I see him as a clear step ahead of Poolparty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad