Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v8) Next: vs Hou | Sun, Jun 7th | 1pm ET/10am PT | McHugh vs Dickey

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
That's a pretty soft schedule upcoming for the Jays. With them starting to get healthy too, if there was ever a time to make a healthy run...

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Olerud would've been my second guess. Figured Delgado would have a higher OBP since power hitters usually get pitched around quite a bit and Olerud wasn't known for his power.

stupid Baggies! or whatever they have out there.

Olerud
Delgado
McGriff (looking at the list, the trade with San Diego was an enormous risk, McGriff and Fernandez were both offensive machines - Carter was not (in terms of OBP) and Alomar was a young guy)
Bautista

It's amazing how you knowledge and understanding of baseball stats changes and evolves over time.

A few years ago, if you had of asked me who the most disappointing Jay of all time was I would have said Olerud. He had just one year in Toronto when he hit over .300. But my opinion, then, was based on incomplete knowledge of how baseball offenses really function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad