Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v8) Next: vs Hou | Sun, Jun 7th | 1pm ET/10am PT | McHugh vs Dickey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
man back to back gems by Buerhle. Not even 100 pitches tonight. Starters are starting to play really well. This whole series we got really good starts.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Huh, what was that pitch Sanchez threw to Springer for the strikeout? It looked like a 91 mph cutter or a really hard slider.

Hmm, another 91 cutter or slider to Altuve with 2 strikes. I guess he's found a new pitch that he is trying to get strikeouts with.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Huh, what was that pitch Sanchez threw to Springer for the strikeout? It looked like a 91 mph cutter or a really hard slider.

Hmm, another 91 cutter or slider to Altuve with 2 strikes. I guess he's found a new pitch that he is trying to get strikeouts with.

I had the same reaction. I thought it was a changeup at first but it had some natural cut. Slider most likely. Don't recall him ever throwing a cutter.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
I had the same reaction. I thought it was a changeup at first but it had some natural cut. Slider most likely. Don't recall him ever throwing a cutter.

I don't think he's thrown either though I believe he was working on a slider in spring training but didn't use it until now I guess.

He'll need to add more depth to that slider but the velocity of those sliders were Matt Harvey like.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

It's a "slutter" actually that he's been working on since ST.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
That was a really good call they made on Norris and sanchez. Norris and sanchez both were having control issues but norris had the best ERA on the team. They made the right choice to send norris down. Sanchez is improving and Norris is still trying to work some kinks out

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Is Chris Colabello the greatest jay of all time?

On hall of fame plaque dedicated to Chris Colabello

Despite an early fleging career. Colabello manged to rise above what others intially thought and become a star independent ball player. Intially granted a minor league contract by the Minnesota twins at an older age Cola(as some affectionately called him) quickly rose through the ranks and earned his first MLB call up. He would go on the set the Minnesota twins record for hit in May before jealousy and conspiracies had him put on waivers. Luckily for the jays they saw the rising star in the pile of dung that was minnesota sports and quickly picked him up. He would go on to bat a career .350 average driving in 120 runs a year well scoring 200 runs himself. Unpredictably Colabello showed a great deal of speed and baserunning instincts leading the majors with back to back 60 stolen base seasons. Unfortunately Colabello's career was cut short when he was attacked by a rabid twin fan in an on field incident. The question some pose... is Colabello he greatest jay of all time? Its debatable given his incredibly high peak was cut short follwing an injury but what cant be denied is that at one time Colabello reached a level not seen in sports.

Last edited:

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
"Hernandez has had a rough month of May so far" - Pat Tabler

"Russell Martin took a book out of Mark Buehrle's playbook" - Buck Martinez

Man, they're on a roll tonight :laugh:

...also, the first "big and strong" of the night went to Roberto Hernandez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events