Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v39) Next: vs NYY| Mon, Sept 21| 7pm ET/4pm PT| Warren vs Price

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
is a safety squeeze different from a suicide squeeze?

Yes, runner makes sure the bunt gets down on a safety squeez. Suicide squeeze he's running on the pitch, and will be out if he misses the pitch.

Now Pompey in lol, should have just put him on 2nd for EE before so he could score on the single if they planned on putting him in now.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I didn't say anything like that and I don't appreciate you suggesting I did. You questioned the decision made by Gibbons and I responded.

There is no reason to take it beyond that.

I can just imagine your comments if he left Cecil in to face the rightie and Cecil gets lit up.

I took that sentence as if you were suggesting i would pile on gibbons if they lost, and all i said is that's not what I do. Anyway this is my last response and has gone on to long, great call by gibbons.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Safety, the man on 3rd waits for contact to see if it's a good bunt.

Suicide is running as soon as the pitch is made essentially.

With Pompey at third, I'd try a suicide squeeze here (yes Goins has been hitting well) ... I just never see a suicide squeeze and it would be awesome if it worked

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
is a safety squeeze different from a suicide squeeze?

hi Pompey.

saftey squeeze doesn't have the runner start from 3rd to home until the batter makes contact (as long as he does)

suicide squeeze has the runner start from 3rd to home as soon as the pitcher starts his delivery. So here if the batter screws up and doesn't make contact, the runner is gonna be DOA at the plate (hence the "suicide" part)

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Well that was absolutely disgusting

Hopefully Osuna can get it done.

VcbIWHU.jpg

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
A bit unfortunate, but Osuna needs to be able to make a 2-run lead hold up anyway. He's not exactly facing the top of the order either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad