GDT: 2015 NHL Entry Draft [Flames pick Anderson @ 53, Kylington @ 60, 136, 166, 196]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I'm starting to review the first round and its starting to sink in, some great moves by clubs. NYI and OTT really stand out. Not sure what TOR is up to, for sure they needed to get back into the second round but they aren't adding anything, just replacing picks.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Good question. And the more I think of it, the more I love the Hamilton-trade. Flames' position in this year's draft wasn't the best possible. All the big wingers and great defenders were gone, when Bruins made their 15th pick. Yeah, there were still Connor & Barzal, but Flames already have a nice 1-2 punch in the center-position with Monahan-Bennett. Same reason, why Bruins didn't have interest in neither of the duo Barzal-Connor. I bet the Flames wouldn't have taken neither of them. Maybe Juulsen or Boeser.

So I'm happy with Hamilton. :)

Which player should we pick at #53? Hard to predict who'll still be available... But if we drafted a defender, I hope it's going to be someone of Dunn-Meloche-Roy. For the forward position, one of Fischer, Gagne, Korostelev.

Parker Wotherspoon, maybe Jordan Greenway.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'm starting to review the first round and its starting to sink in, some great moves by clubs. NYI and OTT really stand out. Not sure what TOR is up to, for sure they needed to get back into the second round but they aren't adding anything, just replacing picks.

I think Kyle Dubas thinks he can add guys at those picks who are just as good, as per what his numbers say. Just leveraging his assets to more quality ones. Time will tell.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Interesting move by COL, two mid second rounders in different years for the first second rounder. Not sure thats a good move.

"Acquired from Colorado for No. 39 pick, 2nd-round pick (2016) and 6th-round pick (2017)"

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I'm listening on the Rogers Radio app, likely a few minutes behind.

I'm impressed I'm up already

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
31. SJS - Jeremy Roy
32. ARZ - Christian Fischer
33. TBL - Mitchell Stephens
34. TOR - Travis Dermott
35. CAR - Sebastian Aho
36. OTT - Gabriel Gagne
37. BOS - Brandon Carlo