2015/16 Wishlist

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

danglysac13

Jun 16, 2015
I say we just sign Cody Franson and Christian Ehrhoff. They would be 2 good signings that would probably add up to be only a little bit more then signing Green by himself. Ehrhoff has a great shot and would be good at the point and franson is good defensively and could quarterback the powerplay.

Sami

Oct 21, 2013
I say we just sign Cody Franson and Christian Ehrhoff. They would be 2 good signings that would probably add up to be only a little bit more then signing Green by himself. Ehrhoff has a great shot and would be good at the point and franson is good defensively and could quarterback the powerplay.

No no, let's not block Ouellet and Marchenko. Just Sign Paul Martin.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

As of right now the Wings have

Kronwall
Big E
Qunicey
Smith
DD
Kindl

Not to mention XO and Marchenko.

In order for us to sign those guys, Holland has to make some moves. I just don't see it happening. I have a feeling Holland will stand pat roster wise.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
While it may be true, it still doesn't give me the confidence that Holland will sign anyone. I think a trade has to happen where one or more of our defenders are going the other way.

Last edited by a moderator:

danglysac13

Jun 16, 2015
As of right now the Wings have

Kronwall
Big E
Qunicey
Smith
DD
Kindl

Not to mention XO and Marchenko.

In order for us to sign those guys, Holland has to make some moves. I just don't see it happening. I have a feeling Holland will stand pat roster wise.

buy out kindl and trade both big e and smith and then sign those ehrhoff and franson and then you have a solid group of 7 defensemen.

kronwall-franson
dd-ehrhoff
XO/Quincey-Marachenko

danglysac13

Jun 16, 2015
Pretty unrealistic because kenny isn't really into changing things, even if its for the better, which is definitely the case in that situation.

Actual Thought*

I seriously doubt a FA is signed. The crop is shallow and all will be over paid. I do expect a significant trade and I expect it will make the team better.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
we could easily trade kindl to a cap floor team for a conditional late rd pick

we could easily trade smith to a team like calgary/winnipeg for a mid rd pick

the problem is we arent willing to be creative/assertive/aggressive

danglysac13

Jun 16, 2015
Wait.. did you just argue against your own post? NIIIICE!!!

i was just stating that even though i would love for those to happen it unrealistic for me to hope for them because Ken Holland isn't the type of guy who likes change.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
we could easily trade kindl to a cap floor team for a conditional late rd pick

we could easily trade smith to a team like calgary/winnipeg for a mid rd pick

the problem is we arent willing to be creative/assertive/aggressive

There may be teams we could trade Smith to, but I don't see why either of those 2 would want him. Especially Winnipeg.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
There may be teams we could trade Smith to, but I don't see why either of those 2 would want him. Especially Winnipeg.

maybe not

could ahve sworn jets fans have been saying for a while they could use a LT dman

i think smith fits in nicely on a team that is young and on the upswing(as he himself isnt old)

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I don't think this is true. Holland's been trying to dump Kindl for a while.

i really dont know how true that is

if kindl isnt an nhl player(which would be sugessted if no team had any interest in him) then he should be bought out

its quite possible kenny values kindl more then anyone else and felt is value was higher then a cond. 7th rd pick

with just two years remaining on his contract and some teams needing to meet the cap floor i could see him being more attractive now(again for a cond 7th rd pick)

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Reading HSJ articles are no different than reading run-of-the-mill HF posts: It's either stuff someone else has already pointed out or a bad idea.

Read an article where Khan mentioned his name too. It's kind of a name out of the blue, so it seems to me that there might be some validity to the idea that the Wings are considering signing him.

But yeah, a signing after just one 22 goal season? This guy has David Clarkson Jr. written all over him.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Expect to be disappointed.

If that was the case, Yandle would be a Red Wing.

Or Myers. Or Phaneuf.

Maybe the stars and planets align and this summer Holland pulls off a trade we don't loath. Maybe. I don't think the odds for it are any better than the past couple of summers, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad