2015-16 Around the League VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Those are difficult to judge.

Ehrhoff saw him coming, and could have gone for the puck, but he didn't have possession of it because of it.
To me that's interference, and I can see where the refs are coming from.
But 2 would've sufficed.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
Those are difficult to judge.

Ehrhoff saw him coming, and could have gone for the puck, but he didn't have possession of it because of it.
To me that's interference, and I can see where the refs are coming from.
But 2 would've sufficed.

Definitely a 2. He shouldn't have been ejected though. I'd pay good money to see Reaves going off the ice pissed off like that again, though.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Nashville down 2-0 after Godreau with 2 goals in 10 seconds.

It's really to bad we couldn't have found a way to beat them on Saturday. We'd still have a chance at catching them if we had.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Caps are good #analysis

Yea I watched part of a game a few weeks ago before I realized how much they were dominating, and I was blown away by what picture perfect hockey they played in pretty much every area of the game. It was really impressive.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Come on Oilers. Please just play a good game for once in the last ten years would you!

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Why does the media love taking shots at the Avs? It's really strange.

An entire article saying Avs won't make the playoffs? What the hell is the point of that? Did TSN's editor go on vacation this week?

Because we're actually the worst team in the league, yet some people think we can get into a playoff spot.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
LeBrun says a GM is considering proposing a delay of game penalty for failed coach's challenges at the GM meetings. Apparently people feel teams are abusing it. So not only would there be a good chance the refs look at the replay on that little tablet and screw it up anyways but then on top of that you would also get a two minute penalty. :facepalm:

The challenge seemed like a good idea at one point but it's a mess the way it has played out. Seems like the NHL always has to make these things much more complicated than they should be. No one knowing the rules doesn't help matters either.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
LeBrun says a GM is considering proposing a delay of game penalty for failed coach's challenges at the GM meetings. Apparently people feel teams are abusing it. So not only would there be a good chance the refs look at the replay on that little tablet and screw it up anyways but then on top of that you would also get a two minute penalty. :facepalm:

The challenge seemed like a good idea at one point but it's a mess the way it has played out. Seems like the NHL always has to make these things much more complicated than they should be. No one knowing the rules doesn't help matters either.

I really hope that doesn't get approved. Really would make it impossible for the coaches to properly use the challenge.

What they need to do is just go to Toronto with every review. Take the Refs out of it and let the league decide.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I really hope that doesn't get approved. Really would make it impossible for the coaches to properly use the challenge.

What they need to do is just go to Toronto with every review. Take the Refs out of it and let the league decide.

What they need to do is remove the coaches challenge.
Been a disaster after it was introduced.

And if they decide to keep it, just use it for goalie interference and have a panel with specific guidelines that should make similar decisions game after game.
This offside malarkey has been nothing but a huge detriment for the game.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

That's a very minor issue IMO. Get the penalty and offsides issues right before worrying about that. The Avs have been screwed easily over ten times on those, based on poor handling, or poor calls, or inconsistent calls, or subjective interpretations of plays, or obstructed views, or poor rule definitions. I can't think of a single time I was upset about how a coach used his challenge.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
My issue with the challenge is that its giving more control over the game to the coaches...who already have way too much control over it as it is. The game is slowing down considerably in the spirit of "Getting the right call" like why everyone is afraid of making mistakes? Um hello why do you think billions of people throughout history watch you jerks? To see you colossally screw the pooch on a nightly basis. Who cares if you dont get it right everytime. Play the game already! ...jesus.
Its gonna get to the point where passing is put under review.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
There we go! Oilers up 1-0 on the Wild.

They've looked like their typical sloppy self though, it's still probably a miracle if they pull this one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad