WJC: 2015 — Canada Roster Talk (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
He was bad on a team that was BAD. There are 6 or 7 other returning players in the same boat as Bigras. That's not my issue...my issue, in the past HC would have ignored that and gifted all the returnees a spot just because they are returnees. I'm glad that they seem to be taking a different approach this year.

BTW, your zero chance prediction of this year ending the drought. come on, dude!! get serious. 50/50 chance (maybe not even that high) that the drought continues... a lot of good teams and a 1 game you're out scenario...
I have no prediction how this year is going to go, but if they are not in the Gold Medal game, then pink slips at HC have to be handed out on Jan 6.

Glad to see them make a decision on Bigras. Just wish they'd have taken a critical look at Fucale and at least brought three tenders in to challenge him. That's the decision that HC may live to regret. His play at last year's tourney was bad, his season so far has been bad, and he lets in three goals against a poor all star squad!

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 8s9 seconds ago Welland, Ontario
Confirmation that McDavid in white is indeed a good sign that things progressing well with him

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
As far as the D goes, I like all of them, so those cuts were always going to be tough, Bigras and Sanheim are good enough to play no doubt, they just maybe don't fit into the system they want to employ as well as others.

As far as remaining forwards, I think Chartier, Paul, or Dickinson will be the odd ones out, D are all good, so tough to say.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
I try to not read into the lines at practice but I'm confused by the line of Ritchie - Paul - Point. I thought Paul was a LW... anyone care to explain? Thanks :help:

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Glad to see them make a decision on Bigras. Just wish they'd have taken a critical look at Fucale and at least brought three tenders in to challenge him. That's the decision that HC may live to regret. His play at last year's tourney was bad, his season so far has been bad, and he lets in three goals against a poor all star squad!

I think people are making too much of Fucale, I mean he's not necessarily #1, Comrie is there too to challenge and is another option, doesn't mean Fucale will be the guy.

DyerMaker66*

I think people are making too much of Fucale, I mean he's not necessarily #1, Comrie is there too to challenge and is another option, doesn't mean Fucale will be the guy.

Yes it does. If they actually wanted to "challenge" Fucale they would've invited Jarry.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Yes it does. If they actually wanted to "challenge" Fucale they would've invited Jarry.

How is Comrie not a challenge, he's a really good goalie too, why do people act like Fucale is already the guy, he's not, there is every chance that Comrie ends up being better.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Lines at Practice Today

Domi-Reinhart-Duclair
Petan-McDavid-Fabbri
Ritchie-Paul-Point
Crouse-Gauthier-Virtanen
Dal Colle-Dickinson-Chartier

Nurse-Theodore
Morin-Bowey
Morrissey-Fleury
Heatherington-Hicketts

Very interesting, Benoit Groulx looks like he really wants to have a big heavy line. First tried Ritchie-Gauthier-Virtanen, now Crouse is in the LW spot there. Although I think having a more offensive minded center centering Virtanen will be a much better use of him. The top 2 lines look real good though.

DyerMaker66*

How is Comrie not a challenge, he's a really good goalie too, why do people act like Fucale is already the guy, he's not, there is every chance that Comrie ends up being better.

He is: You don't invite the guy who's having a terrible season just for ***** and giggles. Comrie is there for experience and will only take over if Fucale screws the pooch (and if he does, it will be too late).

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
He is: You don't invite the guy who's having a terrible season just for ***** and giggles. Comrie is there for experience and will only take over if Fucale screws the pooch (and if he does, it will be too late).

I get that some people are really worried, but this is just too negative at this point. The thing I'm most concerned about is the coach, not sure if they picked the best guy.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
No offense but that argument doesn't hold any water for me. Plenty of other goalies are able to put up good numbers playing behind terrible defenses. Fucle has never posted good numbers anyways, even when he had dominante teams in front of him.

Okay?

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Lines at Practice Today

Domi-Reinhart-Duclair
Petan-McDavid-Fabbri
Ritchie-Paul-Point
Crouse-Gauthier-Virtanen

Nurse-Theodore
Morin-Bowey
Morrissey-Fleury
Heatherington-Hicketts

Very interesting, Benoit Groulx looks like he really wants to have a big heavy line. First tried Ritchie-Gauthier-Virtanen, now Crouse is in the LW spot there. Although I think having a more offensive minded center centering Virtanen will be a much better use of him. The top 2 lines look real good though.

Not so happy with some of these lines, line 1 is alright, line 2 should have Virtanen on RW, it's too small for my liking, might want Dal Colle on line 2 as well.

GuillaumeLetsundress*

Not so happy with some of these lines, line 1 is alright, line 2 should have Virtanen on RW, it's too small for my liking, might want Dal Colle on line 2 as well.

Fabbri and mcdavid were lights out over the summer together, it makes sense to start with them together to see if the natural chemistry is still there, changes will be made accordingly afterwards if they see need

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
No offense but that argument doesn't hold any water for me. Plenty of other goalies are able to put up good numbers playing behind terrible defenses. Fucle has never posted good numbers anyways, even when he had dominante teams in front of him.

Since when do Q goalies put up better numbers than O or dub ones, it rarely happens.

Dec 3, 2012
I try to not read into the lines at practice but I'm confused by the line of Ritchie - Paul - Point. I thought Paul was a LW... anyone care to explain? Thanks :help:

Don't know why he pull gauthier off this line, he had two pretty good games with them

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
As much as I'd like to see Virtanen get a shot with McDavid, the line of Crouse-Gauthier-Virtanen could do some real damage down low and wear down the other teams so McD-Fabbri's speed can take advantage.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Lines at Practice Today

Domi-Reinhart-Duclair
Petan-McDavid-Fabbri
Ritchie-Paul-Point
Crouse-Gauthier-Virtanen

Nurse-Theodore
Morin-Bowey
Morrissey-Fleury
Heatherington-Hicketts

Based on these lines I would guess Dickinson, Chartier and Heatherington are on the outside looking in.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
As much as I'd like to see Virtanen get a shot with McDavid, the line of Crouse-Gauthier-Virtanen could do some real damage down low and wear down the other teams so McD-Fabbri's speed can take advantage.

The top 2 lines are super skilled and smaller in size while the bottom 2 lines are bigger grind it out lines. I'd like to see them balance the lines out a bit more.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Lines at Practice Today

Domi-Reinhart-Duclair
Petan-McDavid-Fabbri
Ritchie-Paul-Point
Crouse-Gauthier-Virtanen

Nurse-Theodore
Morin-Bowey
Morrissey-Fleury
Heatherington-Hicketts

Still lots of time for changes, but I dislike those forward lines. I don't see Petan, as a playaking centre, being a good fit to play on McDavid's wing. I would rather see Petan centre another offensive line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad