GDT: 2014 Winter Olympics Part IV, POTENTIAL SPOILERS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
Haha, they got what they deserved. How they do this over and over is pure insanity. Fall behind and rather than dig deep and play as a team, they begin the puck hogging clinics

Right, at some point, you would think they'd take a hard look at themselves and try to change the way they do things. Besides Datsyuk, they are all pretty much the same type of player.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
So ironic considering that the Soviet teams were powerhouses because they were machines, and this Russian team can't win because they're a bunch of individuals.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Not that I love the idea of Rask starting back to back days. But oh my is this glorious glorious karma for Putin.

Quoted for truth.

Putin made it clear he wanted the hockey gold medal for Russia more than any other.

I think it put too much pressure on the team plus I think the team was poorly constructed in the first place[too many stars not enough workers] and it showed in their performances.

Suck it Putin!!!

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Quoted for truth.

Putin made it clear he wanted the hockey gold medal for Russia more than any other.

I think it put too much pressure on the team plus I think the team was poorly constructed in the first place[too many stars not enough workers] and it showed in their performances.

Suck it Putin!!!

You can't always believe the things Pierre says but he mentioned rumors of tension between the NHL and KHL Russians-if there are league rivalry tensions on a team it also makes it harder to play like a team. Not really familiar with the KHLers on the team other than a couple or so but Ovie is prone to playing like an individual-especially when behind so not sure the KHL/NHL played a role for his poor performance.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
What a game. I think Komarov would be a great addition. Tuukka was great, Teukka was good and my god does Määttä look beastly. I feel somewhat sad for Russian players (except for Kovalchuk lol) as they had huge pressure. However this game once again showed the problem of Russians. They aren't a team, they're a bunch of individuals. They create chances, but never realize their full potential.

Oh and great to see Tuukka play like this again. I wonder if Malkin got a flashback from last spring. He had a funny interview too, hope hes back in the zone for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad