OT: 2014 Ottawa concerts & festivals thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
It's just a joke dude, calm down.... just don't see so many specific posts about logistical issues for venues...

i.e.

This just in Zaphods now stocks toilet paper

I will say this about having a a concert or computer convention in the infield of RCR, parking is not the greatest onsite (if its like Summersault back in 2000), and we parked halfway back to Bank St almost, they might have a better system set up, but just keep that in mind if you want to see an earlier act.

Haha sorry about that, might have come off as defensive. But littleD shared map info for Bluesfest so I'd thought I'd share the venue change.

As for parking, We'll be busing there, so it won't be a problem. Escapade has hired OC Transpo to contract buses (free of charge) to and from the RCR back to Greenboro Station.

So, it's gone from being in the middle of the city to the middle of nowhere?

Edit: Oh, this is just for the first two days I guess?

Yes, It's the actual weekend "festival". Went from being in the middle of nowhere (Nepean Equistran Park) to even more in the middle of nowhere. Although I prefer this venue.

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I'm beyond pumped for tonight. Harlan Pepper, Cuff The Duke and Sheepdogs. It's gonna be great!

Tuesday I'm hitting up Jazz Fest to see Elliott Brood. Easily one of my favourite Canadian band.

Hoping to make it out to the Sheepdogs tonight!

littleD

How bad is the parking situation for Dragon Boat festival?

I know you can park at Canada Post and shuttle over to the site. What are my chance of finding a parking spot late afternoon/early evening?

Thought OC Transpo would maybe add some extra buses, but service back home after Arkells seems awful.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
How bad is the parking situation for Dragon Boat festival?

I know you can park at Canada Post and shuttle over to the site. What are my chance of finding a parking spot late afternoon/early evening?

Thought OC Transpo would maybe add some extra buses, but service back home after Arkells seems awful.

I was there last night.

We parked on Meadowlands (just past the Shoppers), and walked.

10 Min walk max, and we didn't have to deal with any traffic after the Sheepdogs.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Anyone know a sports bar/ place that would show the world cup games near the Rideau Carleton Raceway? If not, normally raceways have sports bars, think that one would be open?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I was there last night.

We parked on Meadowlands (just past the Shoppers), and walked.

10 Min walk max, and we didn't have to deal with any traffic after the Sheepdogs.

I paid 10 bucks and parked at the mall beside the church. Great show and atmosphere! They didn't play my favourite (Alright OK) but it sounded like a few new songs were played. Digging the trombone!

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com
Well that was an awesome music filled weekend. Got to see Cuff The Duke and Sheepdogs. Went to see the Arkells on Saturday night, and they were awesome. I had no issue for parking... I parked at Canada Post and it was a easy walk to the festival. It was all free.

I also went to see Delbert and The Commotions last night at Jazzfest (my cousins play in the band) and Elliott Brood (one of my favourite bands, ever). Luckily, Elliott Brood was playing under a tent, so we weren't totally drenched.

I love living in Ottawa!!!

Last edited:

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Well that was an awesome music filled weekend. Got to see Cuff The Duke and Sheepdogs. Went to see the Arkells on Saturday night, and they were awesome. I had no issue for parking... I parked at Canada Post and it was a easy walk to the festival. It was all free.

I also went to see Delbert and The Commotions last night at Jazzfest (my cousins play in the band) and Elliott Brood (one of my favourite bands, ever). Luckily, Elliott Brood was playing under a tent, so we weren't totally drenched.

I love living in Ottawa!!!

Must not be from here lol, seriously though such a beauty city to live in i love it as well.

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com
Must not be from here lol, seriously though such a beauty city to live in i love it as well.

Ha! I'm actually probably one of the only person in town that was actually born here and lived here all my life. It's just gotten better over the years.... except for the fact they closed down The Capital Music Hall and The Record Runner years ago.

Also for fans of jazz, during the Jazzfest, they have free concerts in front of City Hall every day from noon to one.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Ha! I'm actually probably one of the only person in town that was actually born here and lived here all my life. It's just gotten better over the years.... except for the fact they closed down The Capital Music Hall and The Record Runner years ago.

Also for fans of jazz, during the Jazzfest, they have free concerts in front of City Hall every day from noon to one.

Man, I used to spend hours in that place. Best selection bar none. Anything and everything you could possibly want plus heaps of weird stuff that you would never dream to look for. We have the internet for that now but that place was glorious.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Music-wise Ottawa definitely punches over it's weight

Capital Music Hall was the bomb, so glad I got to see Sonic Youth there

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com
Man, I used to spend hours in that place. Best selection bar none. Anything and everything you could possibly want plus heaps of weird stuff that you would never dream to look for. We have the internet for that now but that place was glorious.

Internet is not as fun as music stores though. I still go to Compact Music, Turning Point and Vertigo for my vinyl records.

I spent all my youth at Record Runner and The Pit (for shows).

littleD

Anyone else at Bluesfest tonight? Was that not the most ridiculous exit to the event?

I literally think they had one exit for 40,000 people.

Place was jam packed for Blake Shelton. Might be the most people on any Bluesfest night I've been before.

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
I was there and yeah the exit situation was a bit ridiculous. But they're not exactly the most organized - even the lines to get in weren't very well managed. But it is what it is. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad