2014 Non-Wild Playoff Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
That's never gonna get old.

Brad Doty is a legend in those parts.

Anze Kopidor too. To be honest though, that saga was finished off beautifully by the LA Kings infographic.

LAKings_infographic.jpg

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Carey Price with the dive of the playoffs on a phantom goalie interference call when he wasn't even touched, and now Emelin knees Stamkos in the head. Typical Montreal.

EDIT: And now the Habs score after all that. The cycle of ******** is complete :rant:

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Carey Price with the dive of the playoffs on a phantom goalie interference call when he wasn't even touched, and now Emelin knees Stamkos in the head. Typical Montreal.

EDIT: And now the Habs score after all that. The cycle of ******** is complete :rant:

Yeah that one probably should've counted. Stamkos getting hurt was pretty obviously an accident though. Stamkos fell unexpectedly into Emelin's path, and Emelin made a really obvious (but unsuccessful) effort to try and get his leg out of the way.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Quick is the most overrated goalie out there. His numbers are totally insulated by his defense, it isn't even funny. Just look at what Martin Jones and Ben Scrivens did this year behind that defense.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Quick is the most overrated goalie out there. His numbers are totally insulated by his defense, it isn't even funny. Just look at what Martin Jones and Ben Scrivens did this year behind that defense.

I would totally disagree. That guy is a solid goaltender. Anyone can have an off night. His beast mode is the reason why the Kings won the cup in 2011-12.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013

Scrivens wasn't terrible for edmonton.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I find it surprising that the Sharks are destroying the Kings atm.

It also makes me happy. Sharks are a great team.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012

Agreed. I thought the Kings would take this with better goaltending and better team defense. I don't particularly care either way but it's been surprising to see how weak the Kings have been so far.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota

I actually picked the Sharks to go to the Cup Finals this year. I know they usually have their annual playoff choke, but I feel like Pavelski and a few other guys stepping up huge this year might put them over that hump. I've always hated playing San Jose, but it's not because of anything dirty on their side, they just have this knack for being a team that's tough to beat.

I'm totally up for jumping on the Sharks bandwagon if the Wild bow out.

Puhis

Will accept caffeine.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I'm seriously considering jumping on Habs wagon if Wild are out, despite saying "no" to bandwagons earlier. The reason? Well, no reason. I don't even like most of their players. It's strange.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Once the Wild get bounced Ill be rooting for the Rangers (being a Native NYer) but its always Wild first.

I also hope the Blues come out in the West. I like a decent portion of their players.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
I'm seriously considering jumping on Habs wagon if Wild are out, despite saying "no" to bandwagons earlier. The reason? Well, no reason. I don't even like most of their players. It's strange.

Join us! Join us!

Oléeeeee olé olé olé, oléeeeee, oléeeeee!

SP0RTSFANATIC98

Feb 11, 2013
Minny
Nick Foligno of Columbus just got an unsportsmanlike penalty for spraying Marc-Andre Fleury, unreal it wasn't even a big spray either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad