2014 Non-Wild Playoff Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
That was an ugly spearing. I can't believe there are people defending it. If it's ok to spear someone in the nuts, it's ok to elbow someone in the head. Both can have long-term effects on the health of the player.

I still remember Koivu spearing a Russian (don't remember who, but I think it was a defenseman) at the 2012 WC. We were getting our ***** kicked in the semifinal, he lost his cool and speared a guy, I don't think in the groin but in the stomach. The refs gave him just a minor penalty which was lucky.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Emelin deserves it tho. In fact, the little ***** deserves anything thrown at him. Same applies for Torres, Neal etc.

You have no idea how happy I would be if he did that to Burrows. Burrows, as far as I'm concerned, is probably the one guy I would love to see Cooke go back to old pre-2012 form on. Well, maybe Marchand too... actually, yeah, Marchand too :laugh:

Back on topic. I agree that Emelin is a dirty little ****. You won't get any argument from me there. Still, a cheapshot is a cheapshot.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Looks like Milan Luchicken has some stiff competition in the spearing department from Corey Spearry :help:

iTRC6M3kais4S.gif

OpRedDawn*

backes got destroyed.. can't even stand up and wants to go after hawks

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Seabrook drills Backes in the head. This coming just after Bryan Bickell had a Dustin Brown/James Neal-esque knee on Sobotka.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Tarasenko ties it with 6 seconds left. This is the best we can hope for folks. If we win our series against Colorado, hopefully the Blues/Hawks series goes 7 games with millions of overtimes. This is good for us.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
You just know that if Matt Cooke laid out Backes in that exact same situation, he'd probably get a lifetime ban with reinstatement considerations "upon further review". Kinda like a prisoner applying for parole when serving one of those "x years to life" sentences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad