2014 Non-Wild Playoff Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Mays Here*

Oh boy, now I truly feel bad for Leaf fans. I see a few Leaf posters sporting Toronto Raptor playoff avatars.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Oh boy, now I truly feel bad for Leaf fans. I see a few Leaf posters sporting Toronto Raptor playoff avatars.

At least we have something to cheer for this year. Only 4/10 post-05 lockout years did we have at least one pro team make the playoffs (Leafs/Raps/Jays), so this is like an up year for sports in Toronto, which is sad :(.

Billy Mays Here*

I really wish I knew how to use photoshop so I could contribute to the PO PS thread. This one just in and it's gold:

171bf510-cbee-11e3-ab16-db4bd6bb9671_kuY0D1PKtkp7-1-.gif

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Dustin Brown is so ****ing bad. His contract is also Clarkson level bad. I swear, I don't know which contract is worse, Clarkson or Brown. Brown is the better player, but has a higher cap hit and 2 more years (contract kicks in next year).

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Dustin Brown is so ****ing bad. His contract is also Clarkson level bad. I swear, I don't know which contract is worse, Clarkson or Brown. Brown is the better player, but has a higher cap hit and 2 more years (contract kicks in next year).

Brown is probably my least favourite player in the league (HM to Hall) so this makes me happy.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
Haven't seen much of the SJ vs LA series, but in the little bit I have seen, I think Gaborik has looked pretty good. I wouldn't mind having him back on the team. That speed, a good shot, could be another 30 goal scorer for the Wild.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
From what I've seen of Dallas and Anaheim, I don't see either of them going deep this year.

I honestly think Boudreau gets his label as a playoff choker because his teams overachieve during regular season. He gets absolutely everything out of his roster. On paper Anaheim is just not #1 team in the West, not close either. So a team that could be #5-#7 seed with average coaching goes to playoffs as a first seed and hence first and second round exits are seen as choking.

Another thing might be that he's just not that good with playoff style tight checking hockey and managing matchups but I haven't seen enough of the series to comment on that.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Frickin' Hawks...

I still keep waiting for someone to just steamroll Kane. He's a great player, but damn he's a little puke.

Without trying to be a homer, our series has been more interesting to watch so far.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Frickin' Hawks...

I still keep waiting for someone to just steamroll Kane. He's a great player, but damn he's a little puke.

Without trying to be a homer, our series has been more interesting to watch so far.

171bf510-cbee-11e3-ab16-db4bd6bb9671_kuY0D1PKtkp7-1-.gif

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
So if Hitchcock gets fired, can we hire him in Yeo's place? Although I think they'll most likely extend Yeo because we didn't get crushed in the 1st round this time.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
So, Corey Perry had this happen to him last night. Came back a little later, but Garbutt was ejected. Didn't look too terrible or nearly as bad as Perry's spear to Jamie Benn in Game 2 which only got him 2 minutes to feel shame.

cropped_Perry.gif

I really hope these teams just tear each other apart, although it won't matter because the winner (likely) gets the Sharks in the next round.

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
So if Hitchcock gets fired, can we hire him in Yeo's place? Although I think they'll most likely extend Yeo because we didn't get crushed in the 1st round this time.

Why? What has Hitchcock done lately? He coached a terrible Blue Jackets team for many years, and now has underachieved in the playoffs with the Blues. A ton of first round exits and getting swept in the 2nd round.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I genuinely and truly hate KVLY with all my heart.

Instead of being able to watch the Wings and Bruins game live, I have to watch using internet streams.

Why? Because KVLY is broadcasting the ****ing Bison's spring football game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad