GDT: 2014 NHL Trade Deadline Day (Wednesday, March 5th, 3pm ET) - Pens Only

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Ryan Kesler or Jordan Staal? I would say my gut feeling is Kesler goes to Philadelphia and Jordan Staal returns for no other reason then Philadelphia is willing to give away everything just so the Pens don't get their true target acquistion in Kesler.;)

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
two threads. awesome.

point of procedural order: what happens when i want to discuss a move that wasn't made by the penguins but i believe may have a potential impact on the penguins.

Indeed.

Also, already said it, but apparently no one picks up on the fact Jordan has a NTC. Maybe he told Rutherford he may potentially waive it as he's getting tired of low production numbers being stuck in a defensive role with the Canes. But that would be a big change in thought given how he went there initially to play with Eric.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Bmac has hinted that the Pens offer even with DP may not be enough. He said they want a young pivot and Philly has three really attractive ones they can package up. It's basically Homer's call and I think he controls the situation because he has the exact pieces Gillis is asking for. Unless he realizes they need blueline help, but I doubt that.

We just have to hope Shero doesn't get caught with his pants down again, because Gillis will more than likely take this to 2:59 tom, then deal him to Philly or say j/k, I'm not dealing Kesler right now. He dicked around with Lou, so the history is there and Shero better be keenly aware of that.

Seriously. I really hope Shero doesn't have a one track mind like most of the people on these forums.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
i was thinking brand new thread. i just HAVE to make sure everyone is kept in the loop.

Dudes.... just use common sense.

The other thread is for trades that happen between other teams, and the analysis of those trades as they affect those teams. Simple.

It's not used for Penguins speculation or analysis. For that stuff, where the topic of your post is the Penguins, use THIS thread.

Example: Boy it sucks that Philly got Kesler... now we really have to go hard after Hemsky. What? Holmgren offered a 2018 1st for Hemsky just to spite us??

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Would love it if all Rossi's rumors turn out to be completely off and we instead pick up Chris Stewart at a sensible price. 1st rounder... wonder what more Buffalo would ask for.... we could maybe try and add Kuhn as the cat in the bag that might end up not being smelly.

I think the market for bottom 6'ers that make genuine sense for us is enormously slim. We need to improve there, but it seems pointless as Dan would simply sit Megna and/or Vitale for newcomers while keeping Gladams in.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Seriously. I really hope Shero doesn't have a one track mind like most of the people on these forums.

Gillis is orchestrating a bidding war. Common sense says he waits until the pressure is greatest (right before the deadline ends) before doing a deal. The worst part is he strung teams along with Lou, so Gilis could push this off until the summer, next deadline, the following summer, etc right up until Kesler's deal is done.

Gillis has made some oddball decisions, so that is the kind of fire Shero is playing with right now.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Gillis is orchestrating a bidding war. Common sense says he waits until the pressure is greatest (right before the deadline ends) before doing a deal. The worst part is he strung teams along with Lou, so Gilis could push this off until the summer, next deadline, the following summer, etc right up until Kesler's deal is done.

Gillis has made some oddball decisions, so that is the kind of fire Shero is playing with right now.

Oh I know. I'm just saying I hope Shero has other coals in the fire instead of having blinders on with Kesler. There are plenty of other ways to improve the team.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
CapGeek ?@capgeek 4m
#Penguins have close to $1.2M in cap space with Dupuis/Vokoun on LTIR; expands to $4.7M if Letang goes on LTIR and more with demotions.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Well if he wants to piss off all his best players and screw that franchise, then go right ahead.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I've heard people calll him soft, but Jiggy says he's 100% not soft... I usually trust his opinion on players. No offense.

People don't need to take my word for it, just watch him play. Or better yet, go call him soft on the Oilers forum and see how badly they abuse you.

The only big knocks on him IMHO, is that he doesn't shoot enough and he plays reckless with his body, which makes him a constant injury risk. But that's his game and the guy is un-****ing real with the puck, and his passing is right on par with Malkin and Crosby.

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
FWIW: http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hockeynews/hockey/player.php?2376

Assets: Has excellent instincts and offensive creativity. Owns an effortless skating stride and incredible puck skills. Possesses outstanding playmaking ability. Also has an uncanny ability to hold onto the puck a very long while.

Flaws: Gets hurt way too often. Doesn't shoot the puck enough, even when he's in prime scoring position. Isn't physically strong enough to dominate in the corners. Can appear lazy at times, since his game is more graceful than gritty.

Career Potential: Dangling, playmaking but fragile scoring winger.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
One way to get Jordan Staal to waive his NTC would be to acquire one of his brothers at the same time :)

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
People don't need to take my word for it, just watch him play. Or better yet, go call him soft on the Oilers forum and see how badly they abuse you.

The only big knocks on him IMHO, is that he doesn't shoot enough and he plays reckless with his body, which makes him a constant injury risk. But that's his game and the guy is un-****ing real with the puck, and his passing is right on par with Malkin and Crosby.

I just don't have the time to watch Oilers games, or I would go watch him play. That's why I'm trusting your judgement. You're usually pretty spot on with player evaluations when I get a chance to see the guy play as well.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Oh I know. I'm just saying I hope Shero has other coals in the fire instead of having blinders on with Kesler. There are plenty of other ways to improve the team.

I hope so also. Kesler is a beast, but I don't trust Gillis not to **** around. The way he treated Lou is ridiculous.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
I just don't have the time to watch Oilers games, or I would go watch him play. That's why I'm trusting your judgement. You're usually pretty spot on with player evaluations when I get a chance to see the guy play as well.

Hemsky is the biggest victim of Edmonton's high picks...he gets limited playing time so they can boost the value and confidence of Yakupov, RNH, Hall, Eberle, Gagner, Perron, and Schultz.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
The only deal I balk at for Kesler if I'm Shero is Sutter, Bennett, +

We just can't afford to trade our only top 6 winger prospect and our young 3rd line center.

I would do any combination of Sutter/Bennett and Despres/Dumo/Pouliot, 1st.

None of them make me happy, but I understand that you have to give to get and Kesler is the kind of guy Bylsma would play like crazy.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
I hope so also. Kesler is a beast, but I don't trust Gillis not to **** around. The way he treated Lou is ridiculous.

Gillis has lost every trade he has made as the Canucks GM. A poll in Van yesterday voted by fans had Gillis as the #1 problem. Torts #2, players #3. He definitely has no problem creating all this buzz and then holding onto a player.

Gillis is a complete wild card, good or bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad