GDT: 2014 NHL Trade Deadline Day (Wednesday, March 5th, 3pm ET) - Pens Only

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Zatkoff has performed well I agree but at the end of the day he hasn't played any games that meant something during the season

Fleury has been pathetic in the last 4 playoffs, I think even his biggest fans have given up defending the guy

And Vokoun we just don't know what's going to happen over the next month, it's really risky to assume he will be ready to go

Anyways we should soon find out, but I have zero faith in goal, mind you I've been like this since the late 80"s
Let me introduce you to Fleuryfan29

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
As I said in the other thread, I'm all in on Kesler. He may not be the perfect fit and he may end up playing 3C most of the time, but he's a great player and will turn it on when it counts. He will definitely help this team and is signed for 2 more years. Knowing that Bylsma will trust him makes him worth the assets.

Sutter, Pouliot, + 1st. Yeah it's a really steep price but this is one time I want to see Shero trade prime assets.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
I don't follow you... that's the TSN trade list so far. Did Hemsky just get traded or something? He's not on there as of last check.

You said that you didn't like Rossi getting hits so I offered a way to avoid that...besides that, the TSN trackers tend to be very very good (even with the bandwith they will have to deal with tomorrow)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I have a pretty strong aversion to Hemsky. Just doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would help this team come playoff time. He's soff, never shoots, and is a pure rental. Keep the assets and try to find the correct pieces this summer if need be.

I've never really understood the attraction to Hemsky. Just doesn't seem like a fit at all. Sure, he's a skilled guy, but he doesn't seem like the guy who'd help Sid's line, and he doesn't seem like a guy who is going to do damage come playoff time. Nevermind the Bylsma effect; he's a scoring line RW? Put him on the 4th line, LW.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
You said that you didn't like Rossi getting hits so I offered a way to avoid that...besides that, the TSN trackers tend to be very very good (even with the bandwith they will have to deal with tomorrow)

Ah. Well, a trade-tracker is an after-the-fact thing, but yes I agree most stuff on TSN is more worth linking to than anything Full Rossi writes.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I have a pretty strong aversion to Hemsky. Just doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would help this team come playoff time. He's soff, never shoots, and is a pure rental. Keep the assets and try to find the correct pieces this summer if need be.

I've never really understood the attraction to Hemsky. Just doesn't seem like a fit at all. Sure, he's a skilled guy, but he doesn't seem like the guy who'd help Sid's line, and he doesn't seem like a guy who is going to do damage come playoff time. Nevermind the Bylsma effect; he's a scoring line RW? Put him on the 4th line, LW.

I've heard people calll him soft, but Jiggy says he's 100% not soft... I usually trust his opinion on players. No offense.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Who decided that Hemsky was soff? Where did this myth originate? It's really getting out of hand now. Sure, he's not some big physical dude but he goes to the dirty areas and isn't afraid of physical contact. He definitely is not the soft, perimeter player that people invented around here.

Additionally, how could he not help Sid? The dude has wheels and really good playmaking ability. Honestly, I always thought of him as Hossa lite.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness

I've never really understood the attraction to Hemsky. Just doesn't seem like a fit at all.

He's not the ideal fit but he is a very good rental option if the price is low (which it is).

Also:

As has been mentioned many times before, he's not that soft / is a pretty good player for the whole 200 feet. And he could easily play 3RW too to finally give us scoring depth on that line. And he doesn't need to shoot a lot if he's got good vision and playmaking ability, which he has... because Sid and Kunitz can bury the puck just fine. All he does is open up options for the first line / make them harder to defend. That's assuming we can't get Kesler.

As for pure rental, all depends on how smart we are about clearing deadweight salaries this summer. He could end up being a very important piece of this team the next few years. Sid doesn't need another James Neal, he needs someone who skates well and sees the ice well and can connect on quick passes. Hemsky does all that.

By Bylsma Logic, if we got both guys next year we would have:

Kunitz - Sid - Dupuis
Juice - Geno - Neal
Bennett - Kesler - Hemsky
(that would be a pretty lethal 3rd line / a 2nd line on most teams even misuing Dupuis)

By other logic you could have

Kunitz - Sid - Kesler
Juice - Geno - Neal
Dupuis - FA - Hemsky (also a potentially good third line, depending on who the C is)

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Are the Flyers are trying to gut their team? Kesler AND Edler = no future

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
two threads. awesome.

point of procedural order: what happens when i want to discuss a move that wasn't made by the penguins but i believe may have a potential impact on the penguins.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Shero better have a good plan B if that's true. That or he'll have to come up with a crazy amount of throw-ins to off-set the better centerpiece of a deal that Philly can offer.

Bmac has hinted that the Pens offer even with DP may not be enough. He said they want a young pivot and Philly has three really attractive ones they can package up. It's basically Homer's call and I think he controls the situation because he has the exact pieces Gillis is asking for. Unless he realizes they need blueline help, but I doubt that.

We just have to hope Shero doesn't get caught with his pants down again, because Gillis will more than likely take this to 2:59 tom, then deal him to Philly or say j/k, I'm not dealing Kesler right now. He dicked around with Lou, so the history is there and Shero better be keenly aware of that.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Just get the band back together again. We should trade for TK and Cooke while we're at it.

2015 2nd back to SJ for TK, Despres for Cooke (just because), Sutter and Dumoulin for Staal.

Maybe we can pry Hal Gill away from Philly too.

:laugh:

Don't say **** like that because there are some people in here who would approve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad