GDT: 2013 World Junior Championships

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
That's pretty sad.

I'm not mad, I'm upset but I'll get over it.

Now all I want to do is get up and cheer for Team USA to win the Gold and bring it back to North America.

It's just the ignorance of people, not just Canadians or Americans. Hell, we saw the same thing happen with the Joel Ward twitter fiasco. I was actually content with Canada winning given Subban and Hamilton being on the team. If it was better for Bruins in the long run I would have rather had Canada win, I'm Bruins fan first, team USA fan second.

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
It's just the ignorance of people, not just Canadians or Americans. Hell, we saw the same thing happen with the Joel Ward twitter fiasco. I was actually content with Canada winning given Subban and Hamilton being on the team. If it was better for Bruins in the long run I would have rather had Canada win, I'm Bruins fan first, team USA fan second.

Oh I know that, it just makes me sick.

People like those ass clowns should not be allowed on social networking sites.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Damn you America, but the better team won.

Too bad as everyone on team Canada is to blame, lockout year with the best players and no one, I mean no one played well this game.

Oh well, I guess Canada isn't the superpower anymore as every other nation almost has caught up to them.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Damn you America, but the better team won.

Too bad as everyone on team Canada is to blame, lockout year with the best players and no one, I mean no one played well this game.

Oh well, I guess Canada isn't the superpower anymore as every other nation almost has caught up to them.

I'm American, proud of our boys, and I don't believe that for a second.

mHlnGXt9Xlnn1Qes3Vtn

Dec 9, 2011
It was the same thing after Canada beat the USA in the 2010 Olympics, only the insults were coming from the USA instead.

Human nature I guess.
:(

Stupid nature.

There were some real sad tweets about M. Subban (think back to Joel Ward's GWG...). Stupid people with the internet are stupid people with a soap box.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
wow classy

Kirk Luedeke said it best after the 2010 Olympics. Not verbatim but to the best of my recollection he said...

"Canada it's your game, it's always been your game, it's always going to be your game."

As an American, and one who had the privilege to learn and play the game in both countries. I profoundly agree w/ that statement. So, it's hard to understand some of the insecurity, not to mention hatred getting thrown at the States. It's not the first time we kicked a good team's ass. See 1980. Why is it ok to lose to Russia or Sweden, but not us? Personally I can take losing to Canada more easily than losing to the Russians. I guess I see it as a North American thing.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Great game from the US, too many Canadians still maintain this attitude that it`s absolute failure at the Tournament if the boys don`t win or come home with a Gold. I used to be exactly that way myself when younger however, as we have seen, the US, a few years back began digging their heels in and putting together a program of player development that has clearly brought them right up to the level where they deserve to be in the conversation yearly at the WJHC`s.

Sweden/Russia/Finland seem to be solid foes as well. What I`d like to see, if possible, is a Team Canada who is coached by the same coach for a few years in a row. Thinking along the lines of creating a consistency. I didn`t see this team at any time other than the Russian game, and in spurts against the USA in the first game, playing with any fire, any consistency.

Fury will overtake the nation here now, the media will jump all over the program for not producing, questions will be asked. It gets ludicrous here and tiresome. Bottom line, this ISN`T just our game, this is a global game, playing in a short tournament in which things happen, and this nation`s record is pretty darn good, other nation`s are either catching up, or have caught up and good on them.

I could be one of those rare Canadian fans who, although not pumped about playing for Bronze, looks at this as a potentially good thing if some of the decision makers take their heads out of the sand and start asking questions about exactly what identity do they want to create for teams playing in this tournament??

Without any grey area, when this tournament started in years past, with Team Canada you knew a few things were guaranteed

A- stellar goaltending
B- bang and crashers........who received solid ice time
C- Didn`t play ticky tacky hockey, had lots of talent, but playing hard and physical on the puck at all times
D- Seemingly whomever coached, had essentially the same game plan

Blame goes where?? I don`t know, don`t care who "could" be at fault. Having some small insight to the Amateur hockey scene here with my Minor Hockey coaching background, I can tell you, there`s a ton of politics that takes place (as I am sure it does everywhere) and THAT is the problem, a few too many kids in the sandbox.

I`m proud of these kids, always am, tough tournament, incredibly impossible expectations placed on them, and when this is all said and done, they`ll take a long flight home and be hammered with questions about "what went wrong". Get over it Canada, we lost to a team who played with passion, discipline and made plays when they needed to, in other words, for this 60 minute game at least, the better team, THAT`S what went wrong.

Congrats to the USA, well earned win

Outstanding post. Right at the top of your contributions.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
What bar is going to be open in Boston at 8 am to watch this thing?

Who is in?

Is somebody reading my diary? I said the same thing this morning!

I wish there was a place to watch the game live..... Very much doubt there would be much luck finding a place stateside to do so though.

bruinswincup

Registered Boozer
May 7, 2011
New Hampshire
Kirk Luedeke said it best after the 2010 Olympics. Not verbatim but to the best of my recollection he said...

"Canada it's your game, it's always been your game, it's always going to be your game."

As an American, and one who had the privilege to learn and play the game in both countries. I profoundly agree w/ that statement. So, it's hard to understand some of the insecurity, not to mention hatred getting thrown at the States. It's not the first time we kicked a good team's ass. See 1980. Why is it ok to lose to Russia or Sweden, but not us? Personally I can take losing to Canada more easily than losing to the Russians. I guess I see it as a North American thing.

There's a difference between being a baby and saying that you don't care about the loss and it's still Canada's game. It's something entirely different to spew garbage about 9/11 and just bash the USA as a country because they won.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

As a Canadian... I think we're insecure when it comes to Americans. We have stuff that we're proud of here (profoundly), but for the most part there is the lingering impression that we are a poor-man's USA. When it comes to our athletes? Well, hockey is the most popular of any sport that we've been able to consistently be a dominant power. It's part of our identity as Canadians. When the Americans best us, it hurts a lot more than another nation.

That being said, I don't think the emotion involved is something that justifies hatred. Man, those American kids are TOUGH... And kudos to 'em! I was talking with a family member just yesterday and was saying that I didn't think Canada was going to come out ahead. There is some great programs coming out of the States and I welcome the competition that is going to push us to get even better.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
completely underwhelmed with Hamilton, thought he was not good at all during the entire tournament...as for Subban, I think he is getting unfari treatment...he had no chance on 3 of 4 goals today and played quite well before that.

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
completely underwhelmed with Hamilton, thought he was not good at all during the entire tournament...as for Subban, I think he is getting unfari treatment...he had no chance on 3 of 4 goals today and played quite well before that.

What would it take to get Jones? Hamilton plus what?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Your favorite Habs fan here who keeps defending your Bruins prospects....please stop me I'm having a headache....

Anyway, just wanted to say something about this Canada vs USA and the world stupid thing. Who cares which sport is ours or yours. I'm tired of that stupidity....it's everybody's sport who can play in it.

One thing though....I don't agree with Don Cherry on most of the things he says, but I,m not sure how his comments are off the track. I'm a big NCAA fan but mostly for the show it provides....not for the development aspect of players. So what he says is that it's normal to see players from every country improves when they join the best development league of them all. Now.....obviously, if you are able to play in the SEL or the KHL and play often, chances are you will develop better than in the CHL. But other than that and for everybody who can have the chance to play regularly in a men's team, the CHL is the way to go and players from all countries will improve and improve their own team. And there's nothing wrong with that....at least as far as I'm concerned.

As far as the Bruins prospects, as I keep saying Subban is not at fault. At worst, blame him just like you'd blame everybody else. But not on top of them. I wished he'd challenge the shooter on the 4th goal. And maybe on the 3rd though he had a US player right in front of him. Couldn't do a thing on the 1st goal, and on the 2nd, could have tried to move around Rielly to see what's coming yet, he was screened also. I hope we use hi against Russia as I think he's still out best bet to win. Think we'll have a great game from him. As far as Hamilton, I think he had a pretty average tournament. Not cause of the incredibly large amount of glaring mistakes he made but because people were expecting a rock defensively and some offensive to go with that and he wasn't able to provide with any of this. But then people already question his future? Come on...he will be a Bruin, not as tough as you'd probably want him to be, but he will be playing on your top 6 real soon. Will probably not be that offensive, but won't be Hal Gill either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad