2013 Training Camp Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island
DP looking not so good - can't stand his body language after giving up a goal...love how some of the guys BPST looked...fun to watch.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I know this is a scrimmage and all.... but should Reinhart go back to Juniors and play against kids?

Anyway we sign him and let him play in Bport at the least? I'm not a fan of players extending their junior career too long.

AHL plays like the NHL just with less talent. Juniors plays more like Roller Hockey.

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island
I know this is a scrimmage and all.... but should Reinhart go back to Juniors and play against kids?

Anyway we sign him and let him play in Bport at the least? I'm not a fan of players extending their junior career too long.

AHL plays like the NHL just with less talent. Juniors plays more like Roller Hockey.

Thought he looked good. Send him back to Jr.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

He's not eligible for the AHL. Same deal as Nino last year, it's NHL or Juniors only.

He has looked very poised.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY

He can't play in the AHL, only NHL.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY

IMO yes. He's not NHL ready & he's not old enough to play in the AHL. Leave him alone. He really shouldn't be up till maybe 2014-15.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I just don't like the idea of him playing against kids for much longer. This season, okay. Next season he MUST be in the AHL.

PS. Is that not the single worst rule?

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Thought Reinhart looked great, I just don't see where they could fit him in even if they wanted to keep him around. Even if Visnovsky doesn't show, they already have Hamonic, Streit, MacDonald, Martinek, Carkner as guarantees. Hickey looked pretty good tonight, and I expect them to at least give him a look. That would leave possibly the 7th spot, or the 6th if they decide to use Hickey as the 7th; I just don't see it happening.

Stranger things have happened though.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I just don't like the idea of him playing against kids for much longer. This season, okay. Next season he MUST be in the AHL.

Reinhart is not eligible for the AHL next season either. Just leave him be and we'll see how things go in training camp next year. No need to Nino him.

petrocelli

I love the Draft!!
Jan 5, 2009
Can we just slot Nelson Sundstrom Neiderreiter in as our second line??? They were more impressive than any Isles other than the Tavares line. Those three kids all have a great size/skill package.. Gonna be fun to watch soon enough.

As far as Reinhart... one scrimmage does not make a roster. Leave the kid in juniors.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Reinhart is not eligible for the AHL next season either. Just leave him be and we'll see how things go in training camp next year. No need to Nino him.

No need to Nino any prospect. 4th line minutes for a 19 year old top prospect. Would probably equate to the Isles bringing big Griff on as the 7th all year long.

scott99

May 13, 2005

He may look good against our crappy team, but he didn't look so great against kids in his age range at the WJHC. He needs to spend the rest of the year in Junior, and work on his skating and offense.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Reinhart, Nino, Sundstrom, Streit, JT, Martinek all stuck out to me. Okposo had hands of stone and was slow. Strome was not noticeable at all. Nelson looked well too. Dipietro started off good then fell apart.

JTforPres2012

Feb 12, 2012
Did anyone notice for three rounds of the shootout, Nabakov kept skating off the ice acting like the game was over :laugh::laugh::laugh: He couldn't wait to get out of there!

This team always gives us a few laughs.

I thought Finley was nothing but man that guy is a giant :amazed:

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
I was at the game, unfortunately missed the whole 3rd period with that ridiculous line. Looks like Strome isn't making the team, didn't really notice him that much. Nino and Nelson played well together, I thought Reinhart played pretty well too. I'm pretty sure Ullstrom got high sticked in the face twice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad