GDT: 2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xegiie

Oct 21, 2011
Czech republic
Jagr in an 82 game season + playoffs is not good. He really slowed down for Philadelphia.

The lockout was great for him. He didn't score, but the shortened season kept him fresh in the playoffs for Boston.

well i think everyone slows down if you get groin injury :help:

he was on PPG pace till half of season when he got groin injury, since then it went downfall, obviously he never healed it in that season
shorened season? he played 101 matches, i think more than anyone in nhl... so yea

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 3m
Martin St-Pierre contract with Canadiens: 1 year / $550 000 NHL $225 000 AHL #RDS

:monkey:

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
Yeah, Daniel Cleary still has speed, play like a warrior, can help the PK, is a winner and is always in the front of the net. Exactly the type of complimentary guy the Habs need.

Would be a great fit on a line with Eller and Galchenyuk!

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
Would be a great fit on a line with Eller and Galchenyuk!

would love cleary

Plus we need to fill the Newfie hole.

Exactly guys, thanks. I think it would be a no brainer.

While Gionta is hurt :

Bourque - Plekanec - Brière : Not a too small line, with guys that have tons of speed and skills I wouldn't want to shutdown this line.
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cleary : Need to give the little man two big guys to work well, Cleary will play in the front of the net pretty well.
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher : This line has size, will work hard, has potential, play a two way game and will steal the show on many nights.
Prust - White - Moen : A true grinding line, I wouldn't want to play against them, especially if Moen return to form.
Parros : When they play against a tougher opponents.

I look at this and there is skills and balanced size. I also would like to see Cleary with Eller and Galchenyuk.

I think we also need to sign a big D (Murray, Fistric, Alberts) to play physical while Emelin is hurt and not rushing Tinordi.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Clearly would be a fantastic addition to this team....as long as it's reasonable contract.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Maybe the Devils are planning to move to St. John's?

Based on how out of hand the players that come in for george street fest get I doubt they would ever want to move here :laugh:

Funny sidenote I watched Joe Thornton catch my buddy falling down the stairs two summers ago right after he told Joe how much he loved him.. it was hilarious

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Cleary is pretty much a consensus on this board...when is the last time that this happened? :D

Here's another name that won't make a consensus....do we give ANOTHER try to....Peter Mueller?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
this is garbage....

can't see the Jets moving Kane.

What do you mean garbage? Habs have SURELY some interest towards Kane and Bogosian....What it doesn' t say it's...like the Leafs, the Bruins, the Sabres, the Wings etc.

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
Cleary is pretty much a consensus on this board...when is the last time that this happened? :D

Here's another name that won't make a consensus....do we give ANOTHER try to....Peter Mueller?

Are you doing this just to fuel the hate and creating chaos on this board :shakehead

I would give alot of guys chances even with trades before Mueller. A headcase injury prone player isn't what the team need at all.

I would like a minor trade for David Moss.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

I wanted us to give Mueller a chance last year over Armstrong, but I would pass this year. I don't think he'll find that offensive game he had with the Coyotes and the few games after the trade with Colorado. Such a shame, he's very talented.

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
What do you mean garbage? Habs have SURELY some interest towards Kane and Bogosian....What it doesn' t say it's...like the Leafs, the Bruins, the Sabres, the Wings etc.

There have been rumors for Habs interest about Kane and Bogosian for years now so it wouldn't surprise me if it would be true, since there's too much smoke.

Doens't mean they want to pay the right price or can find the right pieces to move for them.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
There have been rumors for Habs interest about Kane and Bogosian for years now so it wouldn't surprise me if it would be true, since there's too much smoke.

Doens't mean they want to pay the right price or can find the right pieces to move for them.

That's because those rumors are started by Habs fans who always target the same players. That's why for years we've heard that the Habs want Eager, Talbot despite the three different GMs. I don't believe those rumors at all anymore. Plus, the Jets don't have much forward talent anyway and can't afford giving up a player like that without getting significant pieces back, so you won't get Kane without paying a king's ransom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad