GDT: 2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
Jágr can still be pretty effective if he finds chemistry with his linemates and Plekanec would obviously be a great fit for him. I would kill to see him with Le Canadien though I'm afraid he's going to sign with some boring sun belt club eventually.

Btw, he had 35 points in 45 games last year, a higher PPG than Alfredsson or Bobby Ryan.

hogtownhabsfan*

Jagr-Plekanec-Briere
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Bourque
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Prust-Dumont-Parros/White/Moen
(IR-Gionta)

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
And 24 hours later, that deal still makes little to no sense. Flyers have absolutely no use for Plekanec unless they are trading Couturier, which makes no sense as he's cheaper than Pleks.

Giroux, Lecavalier, Couturier. Not to mention Schenn. The last thing they need is a center.

That's always the response you give when your fake trade gets exposed.

Yeah in no world does that trade make any sense for Philly. I suppose they'd clear a bit of cap room but Centerman are not a need over there what so ever.

Would be a decent trade for Montreal in today's perspective. Losing Beaulieu long term for Coburn would hurt us big.

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
St-Denis,Halpern & Nokelainen are definitly out,right?

Always liked St-Denis. Ashamed we have a log jam of prospects that are pushing him out.

Halpern I wouldn't mind at all having back. A quality player all around.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Always liked St-Denis. Ashamed we have a log jam of prospects that are pushing him out.

Halpern I wouldn't mind at all having back. A quality player all around.

Always liked Steady Freddy but last year looked more difficult for him. Tinordi a lot of the time looked like the calm veteran more of the time, IMO. Just no room for him, unfortunately.

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/agent-jagr-wants-to-play-for-canadiens/

And I'm sorry, when a player like Jagr WANTS to play for the CH, you find a way to get it done, even at his age.

1 year, assuming between 2.5 and 3 million? Get it done, Bergy.

Get it done? Get it done? Get it done! Get it done! Get it done! Get it.....

....sorry I'm suffering from Post-UFA-Meltdown Syndrome.

Things that make sense don't register anymore.

In a few beers I should be fine.

Kid Dynomite

Apr 15, 2009
Amherstburg, ON
And 24 hours later, that deal still makes little to no sense. Flyers have absolutely no use for Plekanec unless they are trading Couturier, which makes no sense as he's cheaper than Pleks.

Giroux, Lecavalier, Couturier. Not to mention Schenn. The last thing they need is a center.

The Flyers seem to do a lot of things that don't make sense. This shouldn't come as a surprise.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Something along the likes of the fact that he didn't have to be as physical as he was. Don't have the exact quote, but it was something like he was changing his game and it didn't really mean becoming more physical, on the contrary.

Really?

Would explain his play. While he wasn't bad he certainly didn't play the way he did the previous 2 seasons.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher

Bourque - Plekanec - Jagr

Galchenyuk - Eller - Briere

Gionta IR

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
Well if Habs sign Jagr I would like to see them getting Cleary too and trading Desharnais (maybe not the most future oriented move, but that would help the team getting bigger and trading a uncertain guy, especielly since we have other small players that seems to be coming along). Also, it's said that Brière is alot more effective at center.

The forward group would look like this with Gionta out :

Pacioretty - Brière - Cleary
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - White - Moen
Parros

Surprinsingly big and talented forward group...

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
Well if Habs sign Jagr I would like to see them getting Cleary too and trading Desharnais (maybe not the most future oriented move, but that would help the team getting bigger and trading a uncertain guy, especielly since we have other small players that seems to be coming along). Also, it's said that Brière is alot more effective at center.

The forward group would look like this with Gionta out :

Pacioretty - Brière - Cleary
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - White - Moen
Parros

Surprinsingly big and talented forward group...

It doesnt seem future oriented but it is... Signin old players like cleary and jagr to small contracts means all their contracts will be done when we're real contenders and then can sign some clarkson, horton etc + if we are not in the playoffs we can trade them as rentals

hogtownhabsfan*

What? Crazy! I'd hate to lose Plekanec and Beaulieu but I'd do it for that. Those are three players we could use right now.

It was a rumour, so who knows if it was being considered or not. Either way doesn't look like its happening. Philly would probably want something else as well, something we might not have been willing to include, like De La Rose or a 1st next year or something.

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
It was a rumour, so who knows if it was being considered or not. Either way doesn't look like its happening. Philly would probably want something else as well, something we might not have been willing to include, like De La Rose or a 1st next year or something.

I think it's crazy cause it doesn't look to make a whole lot of sense for the Flyers. But I swear, sometimes it looks that way for them anyways.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
well lets see, just a few teams got any kind of a good deal. By far the vast majority of player signings were for far too much money and way way to long contracts. A lot of GM's made big mistakes yesterday. Only the teams that have that small window of a chance to win a cup in the next two years made good deals the rest are just throwing money out the window and in a few years quite a few GM's will be FIRED.
As far as our Habs go. MB did NOT follow the crowd and is stuck on his plan to build from within and then MAYBE if the time comes then add a few needed players for a BIG push. We MUST remember just what shambles PG left the Habs in. The restructuring is only half done. Already the Habs play better but it's not enough yet for a 25th cup.
Habs still need time and MB still needs to dump or play out some contracts. Habs now have a great set of prospects. Habs need 2 years for that big PUSH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad