GDT: 2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I like the Parros move. Can dress him for games against teams like the B's and the Leafs. Someone who will stand up for the team and will go with anyone.

Considering we gave up nothing essentially...sure.

Asham is on waivers can't beat that price, or can you?:nod:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Asset management..

Claim Asham off waivers and you fill the same void but get a better hockey player.

Asham has had his share of injuries including a couple of commotions. And you can't eternally ask him to take the 6'4'' of the other teams. With Asham, Prust would still feel he'd need to come to his defense. While with Parrons, it's almost the other way around....

Domenic

Jan 13, 2007
Calgary, AB
Typical fan boy response. We NEEDED somebody like Parros badly, Bergevin covered the need. Now we move on to something else, but please if you don't have smarter responses, just go whine on the RDS chatting room.

As soon as the fanboys understand that Bergevin will only add top-level free agents when the young core of the team is ready to win, the better this place will be.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Prust will be happy with this trade.

Now that I've had some time to think about the Brolieu for Coburn rumors.. I hope it doesn't happen. Would rather hang on to Brolieu and let Tinordi become our Coburn.

If Simmonds is available that's a completely different story.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Parros trade is good guys, especially for what we gave.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Just got back home to see that Sens got Ryan... ****... :(

We got a big enforcer, which is ok.
Pretty sure we could have done a good deal to acquire Ryan. Oh well...

LesHabs66

Apr 11, 2007
Minneapolis MN
Fire MB for not having Jakob Silfverberg & Stefan Noesen and Ottawa's first round pick to trade for Bobby Ryan! Shame on him for not being able to pull that off...

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
As soon as the fanboys understand that Bergevin will only add top-level free agents when the young core of the team is ready to win, the better this place will be.

No guarantee that our young core will be good enough to win.

Sometimes you have to grab proven players.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Asset management..

Claim Asham off waivers and you fill the same void but get a better hockey player.

Pretty Close, I'm surprised no one claimed him ( we just might). The stache is better than nothing but not by much.

Analyzer*

Daniel Alfredsson is so monotone and uses "uhhh" and "umm" more than actual words.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Prust will be happy with this trade.

Now that I've had some time to think about the Brolieu for Coburn rumors.. I hope it doesn't happen. Would rather hang on to Brolieu and let Tinordi become our Coburn.

If Simmonds is available that's a completely different story.

I'd trade Beaulieu for Cobourn all day man, we don't know what NB will be.. with Cobourn he's still in his 20's, has missed like 5 games in the past half decade and plays over 20 mins a night..

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
heres our current 2013-2014 lineup:

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Eller-Briere
Bourque-Desharnais-Gionta
Prust-White-Moen/Parros

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Tinordi
Bouillon-Diaz

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Tinordi-Diaz
Bouillon

that top 9.. :facepalm:

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I'm clearly a fan boy criticizing Bergevin and the management.

Every team in our division except Buffalo has managed to either stay strong or pick up interesting new pieces. Bobby freaking Ryan just joined the team that beat the crap out of us and you're not the least bit annoyed at how incompetent this management is looking?

What's the point of hiring so many people up top when they're all idiots?

Gauthier had it right, I tell ya.

And we haven't stayed strong?

Most teams in the division have lost significant pieces of their team and have been forced to overpay in free agency to fill those voids.

The Habs so far have largely stayed pat with the young team that got them the division title. Yea we lost badly to the Sens but we also had a ton of injuries. Things aren't as bad as you make them seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad