Prospect Info: 2013 Development Camp (July 3rd - July 7th)

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Crisp is a winger and Vail is a center.
I think you missed the joke.

Crisp played goalie last year in the OHL for 1-game.

And Brady Vail played defense for an entire month. And was still 2nd on the team in scoring.

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
Looking forward to what everyone thinks of the Dev Camp. Know WS's will be in depth as always lol. Plus, thanks for posting the link WS, Bennett is one of my fav prospects who has a lot of tools and can be a complete dman playing in all situations. Good leadership abilities as well and should only improve them being the Captain in his senior year.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
I think you missed the joke.

Crisp played goalie last year in the OHL for 1-game.

And Brady Vail played defense for an entire month. And was still 2nd on the team in scoring.
I knew both but wasn't sure if he did. I've had someone legitimately ask me that since both have played.

I was actually at the game Crisp played goalie lol. Was sad to watch.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
Was looking forward for reports about Lehkonen as well, guy puck skills are mad. And, well, for Crisp, he's not the kind of guy that will shine in those camps, except perhaps fitness drills.

Anyway, there's a lot of interesting undrafted and FA kids in that camp, can't wait for the first reports, and thanks in advance for those attenting, Whitesnake and al, it's really, really appreciated :yo:

I can't remember being this excited about a development camp. The enthusiasm of the more knowledgeable posters is rubbing off on me. It would be nice to see two or three guys signed to play for Hamilton and a couple of more at the ECHL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Great read by Mac Bennett on his 1st day in Montreal! Great kid or so it seems! 195lbs the kid is....great improvement!

Bennett at 195 now, sounds good.

Probably, I've a bit of a mancrush on thrower's fighting abilities.

And I've always been a bit disappointed in Tinordi's. But judging a lanky fighter isn't really fair. His technique really needs work, though.

I cringe every time I see Tinordi drop the gloves. It's not pretty. Thrower though sure can throw em.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I cringe every time I see Tinordi drop the gloves. It's not pretty. Thrower though sure can throw em.

Yeah but i'm pretty sure he'll get better at some point and be a respected fighter, his lost to Chris Philips was cringe worthy.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
ok it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay past 7, where is our report??? :shakehead

You're fired!!

:D

I actually got excited when I saw there was unread posts in this thread, and then when I saw WS wasn't here I said "Come on Whitesnake!" much to the confusion of others in the room :laugh:

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
By the looks of the video, McCarron's skating needs some improvement but it's definitely not terrible by any means. Mostly needs to work on his edge work and some explosiveness in his first strides.

Bouze

Mar 15, 2008
I went to the developpement camp almost every year, can anyone tell me on what day there will be a scrimmage and at what time it will happen? Cause I'm too lazy to read this whole thread! :D

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Its nice to hear Leblanc is finally 100%. I'm still a believer. He's a hard worker with skill, vision and he's quite fearless. I hope he spends some time (if not most of the season) with the Habs next year.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Its nice to hear Leblanc is finally 100%. I'm still a believer. He's a hard worker with skill, vision and he's quite fearless. I hope he spends some time (if not most of the season) with the Habs next year.

I am rooting hard for him. Last year had to be tough on him.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don't think anyone, who is a true fan, isn't rooting for Leblanc.

I hated the pick but he's a Canadiens prospect and by virtue, I want him to glowingly succeed and surpass expectations given by his biggest supporters.

Bouze

Mar 15, 2008
I went to the developpement camp almost every year, can anyone tell me on what day there will be a scrimmage and at what time it will happen? Cause I'm too lazy to read this whole thread! :D

Wow, this guy had a really important question. Answer him!!

FisherKing

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
By the looks of the video, McCarron's skating needs some improvement but it's definitely not terrible by any means. Mostly needs to work on his edge work and some explosiveness in his first strides.

He's got a good stride, and will only get better with time imho. By the time he's ready for the big show, I don't think skating will be a problem. It really is a work in progress but the basics are there to improve upon and that's what's important.:yo:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

I hated the pick but he's a Canadiens prospect and by virtue, I want him to glowingly succeed and surpass expectations given by his biggest supporters.

It's the same for every prospect. As much as I disliked our draft and the Kristo trade I want all our players to succeed. Except Archambust. Something about his face.

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta

Definitely hoping he has a bounce back year. He still has good potential and hopefully can become a top 6 player in the NHL. Has the smarts and skill but still needs the strength.

FisherKing

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site

Absolutely. Sounds like a good kid and a hard worker, and I remember being really impressed with him when he first came up to play with the Habs. If he can get his game back to that level, he could be a real benefit to the team I think. Would really love to see this kid succeed, and I still think he will. Really pulling hard for him. :)

Edit: Last year could be a character builder for him or a character breaker. I'm betting on it being the former.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
McCarron is going to be a crowd favorite, you can just feel it. He is raw but the tools are there. It's a matter of putting it all together. If he wants to develop his entire game, the Hunter brothers and the London Knights is where he needs to go. Play 70 + games per year with that coaching staff would do him wonders. The counter argument is that the NCAA allows players to work on their game with more practices, more time in the gym, less fighting etc. It will be interesting which way he goes. Chances are Tinordi would still be in college had he chosen ND.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad