Confirmed with Link: Avs claim John Ludvig

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
We can need depth forwards and physical defensemen at the same time.
It's not even that we need physical defensemen... they just need to be something more than a frightened rabbit when under a heavy forecheck and be able to occasionally absorb a hit.

Although, I think Bednar looked at these guys during camp and went to CMac and said, you know what else might help? Dmen that can actually contribute to keeping the puck out of our net on the 3rd pair. (I think this is the part the new guys failed he most) and am hoping that our new 3rd pair maestro may be able to help.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Nolan Pratt and the Avs have done a great job in the past with fringe bottom pair guys, and they seem to have some synergy with the pro scouts about who they can get the most out of. If they think Ludvig is a good candidate for a tune-up into a solid bottom pair D, I trust their judgment.
Ludvig and Manson on the same line. Chances are no one will mess with us.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Has that ever made a difference to Bednar? Feel like he's pretty content having a player like Ludwig play 5-8 minutes at forward if needed.
When has Bednar ever done anything like this? Did MacDermid ever even approach more than 5 minutes in a game at forward unless it was a blowout?

Any time he lined up at forward, we knew the Avs were playing with basically 3 lines that game.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
When has Bednar ever done anything like this? Did MacDermid ever even approach more than 5 minutes in a game at forward unless it was a blowout?

Any time he lined up at forward, we knew the Avs were playing with basically 3 lines that game.
I don't expect Ludwig to play more than 5 minutes a night at forward. Any 13th forward that gets in the lineup never gets more than 7-8 minutes anyways.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Dermy played forward a lot prior to the Avs. Ludvig has no history of it. The guy who did was just traded. Maybe in an emergency situation a guy would play there… but it is much more likely they’d just roll 7D since none of the guys have forward experience on the back end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad