Prospect Info: 2013 Development Camp (July 3rd - July 7th)

lou

Feb 25, 2004
Red Deer AB.
I went this afternoon.

Tinordi should probably not be at this camp. Basically way too easy for him during the 30 minute scrimmage. Often paired with Nygren and they were in control of the game.

Beaulieu looked good and smooth.

Hudon and Collberg were dangerous. Played together and it was nice to watch.

DLR looks BIG and can really skate for a player that size. Wasn't too noticeable offensively, but his team had few quality forward prospects as Hudon and Collberg were on the other team.

Bozon scored on a horrific goal allowed by Dekort.

Then the lights went out at 5 PM, everyone left the ice in a dark practice facility and I went home figuring that was it for the day.

Guys like Leblanc, McCarron, Fucale, MacMillan, Bennett were not on the ice for the scrimmage, guess their group was in the scrimmage yesterday or will be tomorrow.

Thank for the info wish I could be there myself:cry:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I went this afternoon.

Tinordi should probably not be at this camp. Basically way too easy for him during the 30 minute scrimmage. Often paired with Nygren and they were in control of the game.

Beaulieu looked good and smooth.

Hudon and Collberg were dangerous. Played together and it was nice to watch.

DLR looks BIG and can really skate for a player that size. Wasn't too noticeable offensively, but his team had few quality forward prospects as Hudon and Collberg were on the other team.

Bozon scored on a horrific goal allowed by Dekort.

Then the lights went out at 5 PM, everyone left the ice in a dark practice facility and I went home figuring that was it for the day.

Guys like Leblanc, McCarron, Fucale, MacMillan, Bennett were not on the ice for the scrimmage, guess their group was in the scrimmage yesterday or will be tomorrow.

Damn power outage... :rant:

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I went yesterday and got to see the scrimmage before the power outage - it was pretty fun to see the guys...

My quick thoughts on who stood...

Brady Vail looked really good - poised, skilled, professional - looking forward to his last junior year to see how he does, but I expect good things - he was probably the most impressive prospect in my eyes.

Morgan Ellis was real smooth, nice heads up skater, just a really good feel for the game and a calming presence on defense which is very good.

Stephen MacAulay definitely looked talented and big and able to play with Vail. Had a goal and several other scoring chances. He plays a simple game but is effective at it. He was the most impressive non-drafted guy I would say.

Patrick Holland didn't stand out so much in the scrimmage, but I came away impressed with his character, attitude and approach to the game. Plus he looked good in the drills.

Sven Andrighetto I was really impressed with. He is small, but he plays a pretty solid game. He's got skills. I definitely see him being something of a pleasant surprise this year in Hamilton.

Magnus Nygren threw several big hits - his physical game was impressive, although his positioning on the smaller ice might take some adjustment.

Darren Dietz hit and played a nice physical d-style.

Jarred Tinordi was big. I wish he would play a somewhat simpler game just shortening the ice, but a scrimmage isn't the best place for that.

Nathan Beaulieu oozes skill and he's big. Wish he'd play a simpler game, but we'll see. Probably the most skilled guy out there.

Charles Hudon is small, but he scored on a nice one-timer, and can stir things up.

Jacob De La Rose plays up and down - hits people. He's big.

Tim Bozon - has some skill and decent size - not sure what he'll be but he's a pretty good hockey player.

Other guys that I kind of liked - Collberg was sneaky, although got hit hard, Henley is big and hits, Didier is big and simple - still needs more work, but I could see something there - his size is NHL, Gravel had a nice shot in the skills part, Fournier tried to hit people, Delmas is pretty big and good, Murphy has skills, Shaw kept up for a guy coming out of the bchl

ok, that's about it. There's more but others will give reports too. Cheers!

PricePkPatch*

I went yesterday and got to see the scrimmage before the power outage - it was pretty fun to see the guys...

My quick thoughts on who stood...

Brady Vail looked really good - poised, skilled, professional - looking forward to his last junior year to see how he does, but I expect good things - he was probably the most impressive prospect in my eyes.

Morgan Ellis was real smooth, nice heads up skater, just a really good feel for the game and a calming presence on defense which is very good.

Stephen MacAulay definitely looked talented and big and able to play with Vail. Had a goal and several other scoring chances. He plays a simple game but is effective at it. He was the most impressive non-drafted guy I would say.

Patrick Holland didn't stand out so much in the scrimmage, but I came away impressed with his character, attitude and approach to the game. Plus he looked good in the drills.

Sven Andrighetto I was really impressed with. He is small, but he plays a pretty solid game. He's got skills. I definitely see him being something of a pleasant surprise this year in Hamilton.

Magnus Nygren threw several big hits - his physical game was impressive, although his positioning on the smaller ice might take some adjustment.

Darren Dietz hit and played a nice physical d-style.

Jarred Tinordi was big. I wish he would play a somewhat simpler game just shortening the ice, but a scrimmage isn't the best place for that.

Nathan Beaulieu oozes skill and he's big. Wish he'd play a simpler game, but we'll see. Probably the most skilled guy out there.

Charles Hudon is small, but he scored on a nice one-timer, and can stir things up.

Jacob De La Rose plays up and down - hits people. He's big.

Tim Bozon - has some skill and decent size - not sure what he'll be but he's a pretty good hockey player.

Other guys that I kind of liked - Collberg was sneaky, although got hit hard, Henley is big and hits, Didier is big and simple - still needs more work, but I could see something there - his size is NHL, Gravel had a nice shot in the skills part, Fournier tried to hit people, Delmas is pretty big and good, Murphy has skills, Shaw kept up for a guy coming out of the bchl

ok, that's about it. There's more but others will give reports too. Cheers!

Maybe we should forward that report to the Flyers board? :sarcasm:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
And Bennett's shot hits McCarron in the face...McCarron in a lot of pain.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
#Habs Josiah Didier lays out Erik Nystrom, then skates puck up ice, only to in turn be pummeled by Greg Pateryn. #GoHabsGo

Character. Bergevin re-signs pateryn to 4 year deal.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
#Habs Josiah Didier lays out Erik Nystrom, then skates puck up ice, only to in turn be pummeled by Greg Pateryn. #GoHabsGo

you killed me there:laugh::laugh:

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC

Joking aside it's nice to hear Pateryn is trying to add some physicality to his game. I'm rooting for him.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I don't remember him fighting that much, though, did he?

Not much fighting in the NCAA so no. And I can't say how he did, if he did, in the AHL. But he's really physical nonetheless.

I meant adding to what he's shown already. I felt he hasn't backed down, but has lacked nastiness. Would you agree, or am I off?

Well, I would say that he was pretty mean in the NCAA, then came in the AHL and the kid is trying to learn the pro game. So he might have put aside some of his nastiness to perfect other aspects of his art, but he is still a pretty physical d-man.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Not much fighting in the NCAA so no. And I can't say how he did, if he did, in the AHL. But he's really physical nonetheless.

Well, I would say that he was pretty mean in the NCAA, then came in the AHL and the kid is trying to learn the pro game. So he might have put aside some of his nastiness to perfect other aspects of his art, but he is still a pretty physical d-man.

Great to hear. I really enjoyed his callup last season. I would love to see him become a rock on our bottom pairing in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad