Prospect Info: 2013 Development Camp (July 3rd - July 7th)

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
By the way guys...I missed 1 guy who was there and I was so under the impression that he wasn't, that I didn't click....but Christian Thomas was there and was great. Yet.....I wonder who that Thomas kid was and thinking he was just an invitation, was about to say that it was a heck of an invitation and we had to retain him in some way.....Kid is not big but seems bulky, skates with great balance and has an obvious INCREDIBLE shot. Almost Collberg like. Awesome day for him. I'll add him to my list.

cool...

you could say that Thomas was stumpy... :laugh:

really encouraged by the reports on McCarron. Good reports as always.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I remember loving Bennett a few years ago when I went, is he going to play for the Bulldogs next year?

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Thanks WS for your fantastic review. How busy was it there?

I remember a few years ago, habs board had a bunch of posters going and writing reports much like you (although, maybe that's training camp).

I used to but cant nemore since they dont come to the pierrefonds complexe nemore :( :P

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Hearing Boudens got hurt yesterday and....you guessed it.....Dustin Walsh. I didn't see anything real obvious in both casses. If I'm not mistaken, I've seen both guys during the whole practice....Doesn't bode well with Dustin...

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
Whitesnake, you should be commended for your contributions. Thank you, I'll read every report you can mustard. Long or short.....preferably long :)

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Wasn't that busy yesterday. Expecting it to be much busier during the weekend especially Sunday. If you want to be there, be there early.

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
Whitesnake, you should be commended for your contributions. Thank you, I'll read every report you can mustard. Long or short.....preferably long :)

Agreed, it's always nice to Ketchup with Whitesnakes reports, thanks a bunch man. Glad to hear good reports about Mike Condiments, don't Lettuce pressure you into rushing, like Robert Mayo to the Habs you are invaluable to this group. :yo:

Seriously though, always appreciated, love that some people can make it and give some reports. Look forward to hearing more, any news is fun this time of year.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Thanks Whitesnake!!! Always look forward to reading your reports.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Absolutely love reading reports like yours Whitesnake, and each and every season, it seems to get better :) I must add, I'm pleased to see so many undrafted and UFA prospects in this camp, just shows this management group is more serious than the former.

Hope we sign Fournier.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
How early? I might go depending of the time.

Starts at 9:30. Be there for sure at 8:30. It's always less crowdy when it's the prospects than the Habs but I wouldn't take the chance based on people who really want to see McCarron and Fucale. Tons of fans already I'm hearing...

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Won't be there till Saturday for sure though so let's hope we'll have some reports from other people. Will be there for sure Sunday.

PricePkPatch*

I relish to though of reading more of his reports, indeed.

CoconutHockey*

Thanks WhiteSnake for the awesome job!

However I feel like people are truly overvaluing some players based on development camps. There are so many players that have the whole package (size, speed, shot, hands), but just can't put it together during games. Just think about a guy like Benoit Pouliot in the NHL, you guys would have been in love with him during a week like this, yet....

Let's try to stay rational a little bit. Remember when the Habs signed Philippe Lefebvre after the development camp a couple years ago? He was the real deal in practices, but he was brutal in the AHL for the past two years. I feel like you guys are in love with Beaulieu, Leblanc, Archambault, Murphy, etc... based on their play in practice. I've watched these guys play a lot of times last year and trust me they all look better in practice with no opposition/decision making/pressure.

On the other hand, you should be pumped about guys like Hudon, Tinordi, Bournival, Belzile. They are not as sexy as the previous groups in a development camp, but man do they get the job done during games. Having the tools is one thing, but these kids also need the brain/hockeyIQ to apply them in game situations. The latter part is pretty hard to analyze during a week like this, apart from the scrimmage on Sunday.

That being said, I am going to enjoy reading these summaries for sure. But keep in mind that a good release or a perfect skating technique during a week of practices in Brossard does not make the guy worth signing to a NHL deal. I will be in Brossard on Sunday for the big scrimmage, I will try to give you a little summary then from an independent point of view.

PricePkPatch*

The one that interest me the most this year is Leblanc.

He's the one who has everything to prove. His career is at stake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad