2013/2014 Minnesota Wild News and Notes - New Division and New Expectations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
It's pretty clear that the gameplan against Montreal is to defeat them with a nuclear bomb of confusion.

UUEts2z.gif

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
So basically, instead of simply using our top 6 players in the top 6, we spread them into 3 different lines and one player in every single line is someone who should not be there. Brilliant. Take Parise, Pommer, Koivu, Granlund, Coyle and Nino, create 2 scoring lines and call it a day. We do not have the depth to have a scoring top 9 at this point. With these lines we will be lucky if anyone manages to score. Yeo is really overthinking. How in the hell is the PP supposed to work out with these lines?

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I dunno.

I really liked the old third line because you could throw them out after a PP presumably against the other team's top line jumps back on the ice...now they can't do that. I also am of the opinion that it's better to play offensive players with each other rather than with grinders because they can work off each other instead of against each other.

But who knows, maybe they rattle off 10 straight wins.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
I dunno.

I really liked the old third line because you could throw them out after a PP presumably against the other team's top line jumps back on the ice...now they can't do that. I also am of the opinion that it's better to play offensive players with each other rather than with grinders because they can work off each other instead of against each other.

But who knows, maybe they rattle off 10 straight wins.

Even if they do people would still complain.

Jongdo

Oct 23, 2013
Last 11 games averages EV TOI:

Koivu: 14:81
Broziak: 12:39
Granlund: 13:06

I don't think that will change much, maybe Coyle's line will get couple more shifts but not much.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Drop heater to the press box, stick Stoner on the 4th line, whisper sweet nothings in his ear, enrage him to the point where he gets out there and just crushes guys left and right.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Drop heater to the press box, stick Stoner on the 4th line, whisper sweet nothings in his ear, enrage him to the point where he gets out there and just crushes guys left and right.

just squirt a little bear-scent on the opposition and let nature take it's course.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
gotta say it was a dick move to leave the carcass. nothing against hunting, but bear meat is okay so why not take it and at least donate it if nothing else?

Jongdo

Oct 23, 2013
How long it's gonna take that Suter and Granlund will score a goal?
I guess Suter 2G and Granlund 5G.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Seem to be working on powerplay today at practice. Lines are:

Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Suter - Pominville

Nino - Granlund - Heater
Spurgeon - Ballard

Oh, yeo.

Should be Parise/Koivu/Coyle with Suter/Brodin, and Nino/Granlund/Poms with Spurgeon/Ballard, if anything. Oh well.

Jongdo

Oct 23, 2013
Wild working on power play at Thurs AM practice. Suter/Pominville at points with Parise, Coyle, Koivu in one platoon.

Other Wild PP unit at practice: Spurgeon/Ballard at points, with Niederreiter, Granlund, Heatley.

So why can't they play Granlund on 1PP? I would play Granlund and Pom together on PP..

OpRedDawn*

lol @ not having Grungeon and Pommers on the same PP

Like the ONLY two guys who have showed some skillful passing and chemistry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad