2013/2014 Minnesota Wild News and Notes - New Division and New Expectations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Looks like Rupp's twitter was hacked or something. Don't open the link he posted.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
IMO Konoka is a better choice than Rupp. I would agree that he isn't much of a player, but until they change the rules on fighting you need someone to fill that role on the team.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Anyone else not enthused by seeing the love Yeo is showing Fontaine?

He's fine and all, but imo, he has no consistent place in our top 6. He gets pushed around way too much, and I do not ever see him changing that. I might be wrong, but I think with the options we have, there are better ones than him in our top 6, even now.

I only mention this because in Russo's latest article he talks about how the coaching staff is trying to figure out who goes where, and his name came up when talking about who's been good and deserves a certain position.

I'ld be fine with him on the third line, just not on the top line with Koivu and Parise:shakehead

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
They seem to like the make-up of the 2nd line with Poms and Nino on the wings, so who plays up there then? There is Heatley, Cooke, Veilleux, and Mitchell. Fontaine fits better than those 4 until Coyle comes back which sounds like Friday, so it's likely just one more game.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Anyone else not enthused by seeing the love Yeo is showing Fontaine?

He's fine and all, but imo, he has no consistent place in our top 6. He gets pushed around way too much, and I do not ever see him changing that. I might be wrong, but I think with the options we have, there are better ones than him in our top 6, even now.

I only mention this because in Russo's latest article he talks about how the coaching staff is trying to figure out who goes where, and his name came up when talking about who's been good and deserves a certain position.

I'ld be fine with him on the third line, just not on the top line with Koivu and Parise:shakehead
Agreed. He's ok. Good opportunitist, which is better than most, but he's definitely lacking in the puck posession side of the game and he has middling offensive talent.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think Fontaine is a stop gap till younger players (Haula, Bulmer?, Phillips?, Zucker) develop to the point where they are NHL worthy. As soon as Coyle comes back he should go down to the bottom six.

I still don't know what sort of a player he's supposed to be. Scorer? Checker? Playmaker ?

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I think Fontaine is a stop gap till younger players (Haula, Bulmer?, Phillips?, Zucker) develop to the point where they are NHL worthy. As soon as Coyle comes back he should go down to the bottom six.

I still don't know what sort of a player he's supposed to be. Scorer? Checker? Playmaker ?

Jack-of-all-trades.

J22*

Really? Have you been watching the home games? I believe almost every home game he has started a fight in his first shift for absolutely no reason.

For no reason? Clifford ran Brodin and Clune went after Spurgeon. I remember those 2 off the top of my head, how many fights has he even had 4-5?

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
Missed many games this year. How has Pominville been playing without Parise and Koivu? Solid defensively for his young linemates, and starting to heat up offensively?

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Missed many games this year. How has Pominville been playing without Parise and Koivu? Solid defensively for his young linemates, and starting to heat up offensively?

It's the MiG-64, national air force of Pominville getting us goals right now. :)

THEALLKNOWING*

Dumba not ready for prime time. Greater liability than asset. It is all over once Backstrom is down, he is so slow getting back up.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
I am ready to see Harding again. Backs, you were terrible tonight after that second goal.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Any interest in Ehrhoff? Couldn't be too expensive, they could retain some salary and he could fit into our top 4. Also Kulikov may be available in Florida.

Nevermind, just noticed Ehrhoff's signed through 2021. :laugh:

Billy Mays Here*

I've always been a big fan of you Backs and you'll always have a place in my heart but. . . . . I think it's time we finally start to move on. You're no where near the goaltender you used to be. Your lateral movement is poor, you're still bad in the shootouts, you flop around like a fish out there once you're down, you're wildly inconsistent, and a back-up with MS has proven to be a superior goaltender to you. I don't know what kind of NTC or NMC you have, if any, but I think it's time for a change.

I don't know if a guy like Bryzgalov or Theodore is the answer, but they really can't be any worse than Backs is right now and though I really like Ryan Miller, I fear his price tag would be much too high.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Omg you guys yeo said he would split koivu and Parise up they were just waiting on Coyle. And it was planned before coyle got hurt.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Omg you guys yeo said he would split koivu and Parise up they were just waiting on Coyle. And it was planned before coyle got hurt.

wat

tig1baj7l.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad