Injury Report: 2013-2014 Injury Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
I was actually thinking more as in, what type of injury, a deep muscle bruise. a missing foot, torn piece of knee? thanks for the input about the leg....
Lets hope this is a quickie

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I was actually thinking more as in, what type of injury, a deep muscle bruise. a missing foot, torn piece of knee? thanks for the input about the leg....
Lets hope this is a quickie

Leg injury is all we know. If it was a knee or ankle they would have said that. Dater said Stastny was working hard on the stationary bike so it's not like he's keeping off the leg. I'd guess a bruise or contusion of some sort, maybe a muscle pull. Something like what kept Landy out a game.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Really hope EJ isn't hurt too bad.

Two weeks ago Roy said they've been lucky with injuries this year. Since then they've lost Guenin to an ankle injury, O'Reilly to a shoulder for a game, DVG to a concussion, Staz to a leg injury, Jiggy to back spasms, and now Sarich and EJ. No more talk of luck from you Mr Roy.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Roy can you please stop this crap of refusing to call someone up when you have injuries? To not call up a forward to replace Staz, and then force yourself to play 11 forwards and 7 D, only to lose Sarich before the game, and EJ during the game is just plain idiocy.

I don't know if they're trying to pinch pennies, or place priority on their friggin farm club because they have injuries too, but it's unnaceptable for them to put themsleves in the position they did against the Hawks tonight. It was completely avoidable, and they played with fire all week with this crap and finally got burnt. Luckily Varly stole them a win facing 48 shots.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Roy can you please stop this crap of refusing to call someone up when you have injuries? To not call up a forward to replace Staz, and then force yourself to play 11 forwards and 7 D, only to lose Sarich before the game, and EJ during the game is just plain idiocy.

I don't know if they're trying to pinch pennies, or place priority on their friggin farm club because they have injuries too, but it's unnaceptable for them to put themsleves in the position they did against the Hawks tonight. It was completely avoidable, and they played with fire all week with this crap and finally got burnt. Luckily Varly stole them a win facing 48 shots.

I think it's cause Lake Erie is such in a bind with injuries too. Believe I saw them sign 2 players to PTO earlier this week.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think it's cause Lake Erie is such in a bind with injuries too. Believe I saw them sign 2 players to PTO earlier this week.

Not an excuse. You don't leave your self one injury away from icing a short handed lineup because your farm team has injuries too.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010

Not an excuse IMO, while I like Lake Erie to do well i could care less if they end up 0-76-0 if the big club is having injury issue's.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I like Patricks comment about the back injuries to Jiggy, EJ, and Sarich. Said he thought they might need to change the beds in Chicago. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad