Injury Report: 2013-2014 Injury Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah, his wife had the baby. That's probably why they sent Stollery down.

So they put DVG on IR and didn't call a forward up so Stastny should be good to go?

What happens when call ups go on IR? Do they rehab with the big club or go back home?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
So on the broadcast they said DVG is out indefinitely with a head injury so do they put him on IR (or send him down?) and call someone else up incase Stastny can't go Tuesday? Lake Erie added a few more injuries tonight (Olver, Lerg, Wyman) so if they do call a forward up it might actually be one of Hishon, Sgarbossa, Agozzino, Smith because that's about who they have left.

Jeez, how much you want to bet the superstitious Roy is blaming this on himself for saying a couple weeks ago that they've been lucky with injuries this year?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It's kind of hard to freak out about injuries to DVG and Giguere.

I think it's safe to say the only injuries would be real catastrophic for the Avs is if EJ or Varly get hurt for any significant time.

They overcame Duchene's injury because of forward depth, but i don't think they can overcome EJ and Varly because those two positions is where Avs don't really have much depth to cover up.

Dutchess

Jan 23, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I think it's safe to say the only injuries would be real catastrophic for the Avs is if EJ or Varly get hurt for any significant time.

They overcame Duchene's injury because of forward depth, but i don't think they can overcome EJ and Varly because those two positions is where Avs don't really have much depth to cover up.

To be fair, they survived Duchene's injury for a handful of games. If he were to be lost for any real amount of time, they would be in deep trouble.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Yeah, his wife had the baby. That's probably why they sent Stollery down.

So they put DVG on IR and didn't call a forward up so Stastny should be good to go?

What happens when call ups go on IR? Do they rehab with the big club or go back home?

They rehab with their NHL team, same as if they get injured during training camp, the team cannot send them back down until they are medically cleared. It's actually why DVG was technically with the Avs after the beginning of the season as he was rehabbing an injury suffered during training camp.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
While it sucks for vdG to have a concussion at least he got lucky getting it while called up so he makes four times as much money the time he's out. I wonder if Avs let him heal up in Cleveland with his family.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Injured

Stastny - ???
Pareanteau - knee
Tanguay - hip/knee
DVG - concussion?
Guenin - foot/ankle
Giguere - back

If you thought that 7-2 loss was bad vs the Hawks, wait till you see this line-up against them

O'Reilly - Duchene - McGinn
Landeskog - MacKinnon - Talbot
McLeod - Mitchell - Cliche
Bordeleau - Malone - Holden

Hejda - Johnson
Wilson - Barrie
Benoit - Sarich

Varlamov
Aittokallio

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Injured

Stastny - ???
Pareanteau - knee
Tanguay - hip/knee
DVG - concussion?
Guenin - foot/ankle
Giguere - back

If you thought that 7-2 loss was bad vs the Hawks, wait till you see this line-up against them

O'Reilly - Duchene - McGinn
Landeskog - MacKinnon - Talbot
McLeod - Mitchell - Cliche
Bordeleau - Malone - Holden

Hejda - Johnson
Wilson - Barrie
Benoit - Sarich

Varlamov
Aittokallio

That's not so bad, we have a solid top two lines still, our top d-pair and Varwallmov. It's doable.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
So Dater's only update from Roy is the Barrie and Stastny might play. Well one of them has to because nobody else has been called up and Holden can only replace one of them.

You under estimate Aittokallio's ability to play on the wing...

Anyway, I expect Stastny to play. It didn't seem like there was anything serious.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Well at least the Olympics is soon and players will have time to heal up. I'd prefer if Stastny stays home if he isn't 100% for Team USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad