2013-14 Minnesota Wild Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Russo put in his blog NHL wants wild/stars stadium series at target field.

Wild wants the Blackhawks

Last edited:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Ugh. A stadium series against Dallas? I couldn't care less about them.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Dallas seems like an OK opponent, I guess, but it's too bad that they're making us play second fiddle with one of the sideshow games after waiting for the Winter Classic all these years.

Hopefully we still get to use a cool vintage jersey instead of that hideous chrome garbage they used for the SS games this year.

Also, they have to be very careful how they market that matchup. If they focus too much on the history, or dare let Dallas use a North Stars sweater, it will be a PR disaster for the league. They may want a spirited rivalry in their high-profile game, but they'll end up with bitterness and rage toward the league itself.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
Dallas seems like an OK opponent, I guess, but it's too bad that they're making us play second fiddle with one of the sideshow games after waiting for the Winter Classic all these years.

Hopefully we still get to use a cool vintage jersey instead of that hideous chrome garbage they used for the SS games this year.

Also, they have to be very careful how they market that matchup. If they focus too much on the history, or dare let Dallas use a North Stars sweater, it will be a PR disaster for the league. They may want a spirited rivalry in their high-profile game, but they'll end up with bitterness and rage toward the league itself.

People would riot if that happened.

Minnesota/Dallas isn't bad. It's not a rivalry outside of "they took our team 20 years ago," which really doesn't have anything to do with the players on the ice (and might speak to the NHL's promotional abilities). No one is there. I don't think Dallas players and fans are looking at the Wild as much of anything thanks to not being in the same division until last year or any postseason games. Same goes with selling nationally although that doesn't matter as much with the Stadium Series. (Honestly, I feel like Minnesota is the example for why the Stadium Series exists.) It's just kind of there.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Who do you guys see as the Wild's biggest rival?

I'm thinking Avalanche.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Russo put in his blog NHL wants wild/stars stadium series at target field.

Wild wants the Blackhawks

If the NHL makes us take Dallas, and the let the Stars wear a NORTH STARS jersey for "retro" appeal, there will be riots, and it will be a PR disaster for the league of unprecedented proportions.

If anything, make them wear their current sweaters and we get to wear the classy North Stars duds.

Who do you guys see as the Wild's biggest rival?

I'm thinking Avalanche.

Avs will go up a notch after this playoff series for sure, but for me right now it is Chicago. With the Wild finally starting to get good and meeting them for the 2nd year in a row, we are going to quite possibly see a violent resurgence of the classic Minnesota-Chicago rivalry that punctuated Norris Division hockey for a while. Especially if we manage to take them down either this year or next.

And my god do I want to take them down. SO BAD. I can not ****ing stand Kane, Toews, and Hossa. Sharp, Saad and Seabrook can all **** the **** right off too. Smug assed ****ing jack holes.

If it comes to it, I may just root for anyone who plays against them. Even Anaheim. That's how much I have come to hate the Hawks already. I hate their team. I hate their arrogant windbag of a city. I hate their smart ass players, and I ****ing DETEST Chelsea ****ing Dagger. The absolute BEST way for our series to end would be for us to stomp them in games 3 and 4, go back to Chicago and get a "boring" shutout against them, and then hit them so hard in game 6 their bodies are still bruised, battered, and bandaged by the time they're watching someone else lift the cup.

At this point the only team I think I hate more than the Hawks are the ****ing Stars.

1. Wild
2. Sharks
25. Blues
26. Red Wings
27. Canucks
28. Ducks
29. Hawks
30. Stars

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Wild's biggest rival is Avs, Minnesota's biggest rival is Chicago.

Pick your poison, really.

Jets could also be one in the future if they get better, but I like them too much to really think of them as rivals and I'm confident that a lot of people would agree with me. In general, they still have that "new team" -whiff around them, and the loyal, loud fanbase. In fact, they are pretty hard to hate, unless you live in Atlanta.

As for Dallas, there's the "THEY TOOK OUR TEAM" -thing, and we have had some fierce match-ups this year, so that could develop into something. Still, I see Stars around the same as Blues in terms of possible rivalry: Unlikely, but it could happen since we're in the same division.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I am very interested to see how our fans react once we finally land a playoff series with the Stars.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Wild still don't have any rivals, IMO.

Better to see a strong matchup, like Wild vs Blues or something. Avs still bore me. Chicago scares me. If Winnipeg was a more interesting team, they'd be a good matchup.

Need more playoff matchups against Colorado to really make that an actual rivalry. Chicago is in a different level than this team is still right now. Could be close soon though.

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
Need more playoff matchups against Colorado to really make that an actual rivalry. Chicago is in a different level than this team is still right now. Could be close soon though.

Agreed, the history with the Avs is interesting (03, 08) but I think we need some heated regular season games and another playoff series to truly call it. Our playoff series have just been so far apart it's hard to keep the hatred!

We need to take this series to 6 or 7 games and beat the Hawks to even maybe call it a rivalry. As it is now, it would be like calling the Twins and Yankees rivals because they met in the playoffs and we hate them because they always beat us. We need to put some respect and fear into the Hawks by coming back in this series.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
No matter what happens this series our future looks pretty bright!!

Our lines next year could very well be...

Parise/Vanek-Granlund-Pominville
Parise-Vanek-Koivu-Coyle
Nino-Haula-Zucker
Cooke-Brodziak-Fontaine/Mccormick

Not bad:amazed:

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
slXxW7e.jpg

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
does anyone have an injury update on zucker? last poster why dont you want vanek?

Zucker is 4 weeks ahead of his initial schedule. He's supposed to be fully conditioned when the training camp starts.

He was interviewed during the first home game against the Hawks (on PONDcast). (5/7/2014)

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Playing entertaining hockey?

Everybody! I hope the Wild don't even think about winning if they aren't entertaining!

I've never understood this whole "entertaining hockey" thing. All I care is about is the team winning. I usually enjoy the games that people call boring, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad