2024 NHL Draft Picks 14, 42, 43, 76, 108, 109, 161, 172, 204 (Draft on 6/28 and 6/29)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
I remember thinking boldy had a sneaky good hockey IQ, but haven't watched much Minnesota and am curious to know if that holds up. Picked him in our 2019 draft poll, but think by the time it rolled around jame talked me into wanting Krebs lol

Either way, I want to draft guys who seem to know what to do with the puck before it's on their stick.
He's the player that he was projected to be. Smart, defensively sound, tenacious with lots if offensive skill. A top line player on all 32 teams

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
What about Catton? The guy strikes me as a pretty talented forward, and he could also fall like Benson due to size. I understand he's probably not exactly the type of player some people wanted here, but if he's a BPA at 11, it would be weird to pass on him. What am I missing about Catton?

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
What about Catton? The guy strikes me as a pretty talented forward, and he could also fall like Benson due to size. I understand he's probably not exactly the type of player some people wanted here, but if he's a BPA at 11, it would be weird to pass on him. What am I missing about Catton?
Nothing but his size and skillset makes him redundant.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Well then I would also think about choosing him, there is definitely talent there.
The problem is, and this is legitimate, undersized wingers have very low trade value, so, if you have too many (which is difficult to calculate) they do not hold good value in surplus.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
The problem is, and this is legitimate, undersized wingers have very low trade value, so, if you have too many (which is difficult to calculate) they do not hold good value in surplus.
I think teams are mostly paying for talent, not just size. I don't see a problem with Catton if he's a BPA on the board. Adams could also easily trade Kulich, Rosen, Ostlund, or Savoie in the offseason to improve the roster.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I think teams are mostly paying for talent, not just size. I don't see a problem with Catton if he's a BPA on the board. Adams could also easily trade Kulich, Rosen, Ostlund, or Savoie in the offseason to improve the roster.
I don't know how easy that would be. Other teams may place a lot lower value on prospects than Adams believes they hold. Trading a guy at a discount may not be easy for Adams.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I don't know how easy that would be. Other teams may place a lot lower value on prospects than Adams believes they hold. Trading a guy at a discount may not be easy for Adams.
I think it all depends on the team you're trading with. I wouldn't mind trading any of our prospects or #11 to improve the roster.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Reactions: Dingo44

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Well, teams trade prospects and picks, this happens regularly.
And Adams has a history of not getting trades over the goalline for reasons such as being unwilling to part with a prospect that the other GM wanted in the deal or the player he was trying to acquire blocking the trade using their trade protection clause.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
And Adams has a history of not getting trades over the goalline for reasons such as being unwilling to part with a prospect that the other GM wanted in the deal or the player he was trying to acquire blocking the trade using their trade protection clause.
Well, now his ass is burning and he will be more accommodating. Moreover, we will already have a traffic jam of prospects.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Well an nhl ready ELC can be pretty darn valuable especially a skilled one. Now if there were a really successful 15-20 NHL game stint attached to that then you have super value. None of our boys have that proof though.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
The heat is definitely turned up on Adams by Pegula.
I love how people still think our GM has authority to make decisions on his own. The only reason Adams would get removed from his position would be optics -- and even then, he'd only be "removed" as GM by being promoted.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I love how people still think our GM has authority to make decisions on his own. The only reason Adams would get removed from his position would be optics -- and even then, he'd only be "removed" as GM by being promoted.

I love how 1/2 of people think Pegula is an absentee owner and the other half think Pegula is making all the decisions 🙄.

What difference does it make what reason he is removed? He would be removed. So I'm not exactly sure what you're even trying to say except agreeing with what I said that Adams is on the hot seat.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

Likely NHL centers
1. Macklin Celebrini, Boston University
2. Jett Luchanko, Guelph
3. Cole Beaudoin, Barrie

Projected NHL centers
4. Cayden Lindstrom, Medicine Hat
5. Konsta Helenius, Jukurit