OT: 2012-13 MLB Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Henrique

¡ɹǝʌo s,ʇı ¡ǝnbıɹuǝɥ
Jan 8, 2010
NJ
holy cow, that Edwin Jackson contract....

For real...

873397.jpg

davebenj

Mar 19, 2011
I've never been a huge Theo fan at all. I really hope he can rebuild the Cubs but I have my doubts. Cubs deserve some success gosh darnet! lol

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
He's played for Seattle before, right? Pretty cool for him to go back, I guess he liked it there.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
we'll survive without him but his clutchness in the playoffs will be missed.

Agree, but what does suck about it is as early as this past week, Cashman was saying the plan was to have Ibanez as a/the DH option and also a bat off the bench so we're back to square 1 in finding that

Former Reds utility player Ryan Freel found dead after an apparent suicide. He was 36. RIP.

Self inflicted gun shot wound, I always used to have him on my bench in MVP Baseball

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Mark Feinsand
BREAKING: Nick Swisher has agreed to a four-year, $56 million deal with the Indians. Vesting $14M option for a 5th year could make it $70M.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
He's played for Seattle before, right? Pretty cool for him to go back, I guess he liked it there.

As a Mariners fan, I have hated Ibanez every time he was in Seattle. Him actually being useful in Philly and New York only made me hate him more. **** that guy.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
I'm just surprised Nick got that. Hey good for him hope he does well,because it sure wasn't working with the Yanks.

Officer Rod Farva

Pump is Life
Feb 12, 2010
I think next year we're going with Granderson, Gardiner and Ichiro...should be a very fast OF solid at the plate...I like it

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Matsui as expected retired and Jeter had some nice words about him

"I've said it numerous times over the years, but it's worth repeating now. I've had a lot of teammates over the years with the Yankees, but I will always consider Hideki one of my favorites," Jeter said in a release. "The way he went about his business day in and day out was impressive. Despite being shadowed by a large group of reporters, having the pressures of performing for his fans both in New York and Japan and becoming acclimated to the bright lights of New York City, he always remained focused and committed to his job and to those of us he shared the clubhouse with. I have a lot of respect for Hideki. He was someone we counted on a great deal and he's a big reason why we became World Champions in 2009."

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
With 3 of the Yankee core 4 left, and all 3 likely set to retire in the next 2-3 years, makes you wonder when a core of guys like that will come around again to play their entire career for one team (Pettitte the exception) and have as much success as all 4 did both individually and with the team

Not too often you get something like that

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
:laugh::laugh: looks like this one has backfired on Boras, to this date Soriano still has no teams interested

Bob Klapisch ‏@BobKlap
Told Scott Boras asked #Yankees last month if they'd consider taking Rafael Soriano back on a 1-yr deal. Request flatly denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad