2009 Born for the 2025 OHL Draft

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Was asking a general question, but that being said, there were USHL and and NAHL scouts there.
OHL scouts are not allowed to scout over the summer and non OHF sanctioned events. we have enough stuff to watch for Sept to March let alone summer shinny hockey. I don’t know if anyone that went in the 1st round because of a good summer tournament

HolyRoller

Feb 1, 2010
OHL scouts are not allowed to scout over the summer and non OHF sanctioned events. we have enough stuff to watch for Sept to March let alone summer shinny hockey. I don’t know if anyone that went in the 1st round because of a good summer tournament
Shhhhh....dont tell parents that!

Is the Prodigy Prospect summer league worth it? What is the benefit coming out of this league, if any?
Have watched games for five years now. Always more suspects than prospects.

Reactions: Hkydad99

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Shhhhh....dont tell parents that!

Have watched games for five years now. Always more suspects than prospects.
Don't know if I'd agree with your last statement... I would say over 50% of players in the league this year will be selected in the OHL draft at some point. Multiple players will be selected in the top 20/40.

As per the earlier comment, you are correct lol, OHL teams wouldn't approve that on their dime

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I don’t know much about this coming draft- but I’ve looked at a few draft rankings and I have no idea how accurate they are, however I am noticing a lot of forwards.

I assume this is going to be a strong forward draft?

digicamo

Mar 31, 2023
I don’t know much about this coming draft- but I’ve looked at a few draft rankings and I have no idea how accurate they are, however I am noticing a lot of forwards.

I assume this is going to be a strong forward draft?
Yes most of the top players are forwards IMO.

There are some good defenders that will go in the first round though. Strangely, 5 of arguably the top 20 D in the draft all play for the same team in Don Mills. I haven’t seen a team that stacked (also have a number of the top F’s) since the 2003 Flyers team with Wright, Clarke, Othmann, etc.

a8592

Apr 24, 2022

Anyone know where Chitaroni is playing this season? Played up last year with Barrie and seemingly did well

Reactions: Section5Petes

LjKnight

Aug 11, 2024
Heres my Top 40 2009's going into this season

Brock Chitaroni (F) - Barrie Colts U16 AAA
Camryn Warren (F) - North York Rangers U16 AAA
Kaden McGregor (F) - Ottawa Valley Titans U15 AAA
Keaton Ardagh (F) - Toronto Jr. Canadiens U15 AAA
Jaakko Wycisk (F) - Sun County Panthers U16 AAA
Charlie Murata (F) - Don Mills Flyers U15 AAA
Kingston Harris (F) - Toronto Marlboros U15 AAA
Noah Laus (F) - Toronto Jr. Canadiens U15 AAA
Kaden Rolling (D) - Barrie Colts U16 AAA
Michael Tang (F) - Toronto Titans U15 AAA
Ryerson Edgar (F) - York Simcoe Express U15 AAA
Jeremy Freeman (F) - Toronto Titans U15 AAA
Caden Bell (D) - Toronto Jr. Canadiens U15 AAA
Johnny McLaughlin (F) - Lambton Jr. Sting U16 AAA
Tyler Lee (F) - Don Mills Flyers U15 AAA
Peter Green (D) - Don Mills Flyers U15 AAA
Lyndon Cabral (F) - Huron Perth Lakers U16 AAA
Jesse Bruce (F) - Vaughan Kings U15 AAA
Kolten Uberti (D) - Markham Majors U15 AAA
Max Delisle (F) - Toronto Titans U15 AAA
Kai Stevens (F) - Ottawa Jr. 67s U15 AAA
Matthew Henderson (D) - Huron Perth Lakers U16 AAA
Jaden Switzer (F) - Ottawa Valley Titans U15 AAA
Lucas Quain (D) - Toronto Jr. Canadiens U15 AAA
Gensen Geldart (F) - Vaughan Kings U15 AAA
Richard Wang (D) - Don Mills Flyers U15 AAA
Evan Nicholson (F) - Toronto Jr. Canadiens U15 AAA
Cannon Thibodeau (F) - Toronto Marlboros U15 AAA
Brayden Bennett (F) - Toronto Jr. Canadiens U15 AAA
Gavin Christie (D) - Niagara North Stars U15 AAA
AJ Gladman (D) - Vaughan Kings U15 AAA
Eric Wood (D) - Sun County Panthers U15 AAA
Xavier Rowe (F) - North York Rangers U15 AAA
David Heath (F) - London Jr. Knights U16 AAA
Zachary White (D) - Ottawa Valley Titans U16 AAA
Tyler Hinde (F) - Mississauga Reps U15 AAA
Carter Cuglietta (F) - Upper Canada Cyclones U15 AAA
Brayden Lappalainen (F) - Sun County Panthers U15 AAA
Kane Barch (F) - Huron Perth Lakers U16 AAA
Noah La Gambina (G) - Don Mills Flyers U15 AAA

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Question for people here. Take it for what it's worth. A person was talking to the owner of a local restaurant (never got his name). He said that Sun County has their best crop of players they may have ever had. Says 8-9 guys could get drafted. Fact or fiction???

Hkydad99

May 22, 2024
Question for people here. Take it for what it's worth. A person was talking to the owner of a local restaurant (never got his name). He said that Sun County has their best crop of players they may have ever had. Says 8-9 guys could get drafted. Fact or fiction???
The GTHL will dominate the Draft this year, followed by Alliance, HEO and OMHA.

Petey3329

May 27, 2008
The GTHL will dominate the Draft this year, followed by Alliance, HEO and OMHA.
Are you sure about that? OMHA has quite a few strong teams. I wouldn’t sleep on teams like YSE, Quinte, Barrie, Ajax, Niagara, Halton. This feels like a dad post. I was considering this a good year for the OMHA. We will find out on draft day.

no one knows how many kids would be picked but they are very good
Is Wyscick still there? Heard rumblings he went south of the border? Hope he stays with sun county.

Reactions: flamebird

Hkydad99

May 22, 2024
Are you sure about that? OMHA has quite a few strong teams. I wouldn’t sleep on teams like YSE, Quinte, Barrie, Ajax, Niagara, Halton. This feels like a dad post. I was considering this a good year for the OMHA. We will find out on draft day.

Is Wyscick still there? Heard rumblings he went south of the border? Hope he stays with sun county.

No not a dad post at all, but you do have a good point, the OMHA do have strong teams and players both in the East and West, I figured just not as many. Given this past draft for the 2008's, anything can happen. We will have to wait and see.

As for Wyscick, I believe he is staying north side, SCP will have a strong team this year.

digicamo

Mar 31, 2023
No not a dad post at all, but you do have a good point, the OMHA do have strong teams and players both in the East and West, I figured just not as many. Given this past draft for the 2008's, anything can happen. We will have to wait and see.

As for Wyscick, I believe he is staying north side, SCP will have a strong team this year.
There was quite the shuffle of the desk this off-season with many top OMHA and a few top Alliance kids moving around. This is a relatively strong year for a few top OMHA teams, and as always, most of the top GTHL kids are OMHA kids.

Unlike the 07/08 groups, I don't think there is a single OMHA team that can beat the top 3 G teams though and only SCP stands a chance in the Alliance now. DMF, JRC and the Titans are really loaded with talent.

Hkydad99

May 22, 2024
There was quite the shuffle of the desk this off-season with many top OMHA and a few top Alliance kids moving around. This is a relatively strong year for a few top OMHA teams, and as always, most of the top GTHL kids are OMHA kids.

Unlike the 07/08 groups, I don't think there is a single OMHA team that can beat the top 3 G teams though and only SCP stands a chance in the Alliance now. DMF, JRC and the Titans are really loaded with talent.
Yes it will be a tough grind to beat the Top 3 GTHL teams, but not impossible.

Ovechkin962

Aug 25, 2010
Here is my preseason first round mock draft for the 2025 OHL Draft:

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Here is my preseason first round mock draft for the 2025 OHL Draft:

No disrespect to the kid, but Uberti should not be mentioned in the same tier as all of the other players mentioned.

His hockey ability is not on the same level.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
well, what are you looking to get out of it? i wouldnt say its going to help your draft stock or anything, no summer league is gonna do that.

flamebird probably knows better then me if the quality of the league is good, so if your just looking for ice, his opinion is probably smart/knowledgable.
It’s definitely a high end league like the previous poster mentioned. A lot of the best players in the age group play in it. Not overly long of a season and a great way to stay active, playing with kids from other teams. Seems to be hugely popular amongst the kids and the guys running it are good OHL scouts, and people.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.

Absolutely, I think they’ll be the #2 league behind the gthl for kids drafted. Quite a few solid teams. How do you think the new North Shore (oshawa/clarington) fares?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad