2007 Born for the 2023 Draft

TerryN

May 17, 2016
if you sort it by the last 10/15 years it is pretty lean, u18 league hurt players big time
Good players get found no matter where they play, scouts will find them. In 7 OHL drafts since change in format Ottawa area had 163 U16 players selected in priority draft, in 7 years before with Minor Midget had 160, no significant difference either way. Players left before U18 and will leave after. The good ones like MacTavish and Quinn moved on to the NHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobber

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Good players get found no matter where they play, scouts will find them. In 7 OHL drafts since change in format Ottawa area had 163 U16 players selected in priority draft, in 7 years before with Minor Midget had 160, no significant difference either way. Players left before U28 and will leave after. The good ones like MacTavish and Quinn moved on to the NHL.
you work for Kemptville, of course you think that. talk to the players who are legit aaa. they hate it. kids make it inspire of the program.

TerryN

May 17, 2016
you work for Kemptville, of course you think that. talk to the players who are legit aaa. they hate it. kids make it inspire of the program.
Just facts from rinknet. I am not here to get in an argument, I also use my name so everyone knows who I am.....

ceg195

Nov 6, 2012
Keep an eye on forwards Kaiden Harmon and Will McFadden from Peterborough. Two skilled players with lots of creativity and determination. Fun to watch.

Reactions: BigDevs93

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Has anyone seen Jack Nesbitt play? Is he really that talented? Why is it running over Alliance u16 with 7-15-22 in 6 games. To compare Ryan Roobroeck has 14-4-18 in 8 games. Being that Roobroeck participated in 18 of the team's 44 goals while Nesbitt participated in 22 of the 32. And yes, I know numbers are not everything (but they should be taken into account) and that's why I'm asking if anyone has seen him for know if it passes the eye test.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Has anyone seen Jack Nesbitt play? Is he really that talented? Why is it running over Alliance u16 with 7-15-22 in 6 games. To compare Ryan Roobroeck has 14-4-18 in 8 games. Being that Roobroeck participated in 18 of the team's 44 goals while Nesbitt participated in 22 of the 32. And yes, I know numbers are not everything (but they should be taken into account) and that's why I'm asking if anyone has seen him for know if it passes the eye test.
He‘s very talented. He is essentially the only real notable player on that Lambton team, whereas the Jr. Knights team is real stacked. Should go top-10.
He‘s a big kid with a nose for the net. Good skater for his size and a real good shot - I know it doesn’t relate here but Owen Griffin is leading his team in scoring over double of his closest teammate, impressive statline out of him Also.

Reactions: JotAlan

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
Some nice talent and there are probably 20 of the top 40 players to be drafted. Alot of the other kids named will be mid to late round picks. JMO

He‘s very talented. He is essentially the only real notable player on that Lambton team, whereas the Jr. Knights team is real stacked. Should go top-10.
He‘s a big kid with a nose for the net. Good skater for his size and a real good shot - I know it doesn’t relate here but Owen Griffin is leading his team in scoring over double of his closest teammate, impressive statline out of him Also.
Nesbitt is very good talent and geared for OHL. Griffin more of a College type player. Both will be top 15 overall picks.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
im not trying to be an ass so if it comes off that way i totally apologize. did you say you are out of germany? how do you watch so much u16 and nhl draft prospects.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
im not trying to be an ass so if it comes off that way i totally apologize. did you say you are out of germany? how do you watch so much u16 and nhl draft prospects.
You’re good - it’s a question I get quite regularly on here haha.

I am out of Germany, I live in Krefeld at the moment - I was born and raised i Canada however (Born in Alberta, grew up in Ontario). I made many connections from when I played hockey around 20 years ago, and I just enjoy being a hobby scout - it’s without a doubt my favourite pass time.

I’d easily say I watch/spend multiple Thousands of hours of film/on research every year.

ceg195

Nov 6, 2012

I am out of Germany, I live in Krefeld at the moment - I was born and raised i Canada however (Born in Alberta, grew up in Ontario). I made many connections from when I played hockey around 20 years ago, and I just enjoy being a hobby scout - it’s without a doubt my favourite pass time.

I’d easily say I watch/spend multiple Thousands of hours of film/on research every year.
Wow. Impressive. Auf gehts!!!

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!

You have become one of my favourite posters. Good stuff!!!!!

hockey4U

Feb 14, 2019
Just facts from rinknet. I am not here to get in an argument, I also use my name so everyone knows who I am.....
I am not or ever have been a fan of the U18 program. IMO HEO and CCHL should have left U18(Midget hockey) alone. I agree that some kids have had issues in the past getting past the nepotism to play at any level weather it be AAA or even AA. This is where open boundaries like what the GTHL has is beneficial to ensure that all players capable of playing at a higher level are awarded the opportunity to do so whether it be in their home association or another. All players develop at various ages. I feel that the U18 model in Ottawa diluted the talent pool for some players during their draft years and prevented the later developers (17 years olds) the opportunity to play true U18 hockey. Instead they forced these 17 year olds into the Junior B system. JrB owners want to win as well so a 17 yr old who needs to build confidence by getting to play more has that opportunity taken from them because the U18 model only allows 2-3 players of that age to play in their league. Hopefully by getting rid of this league will keep more 17 yr olds playing hockey and maybe Ottawa can get back to having some strong U18 teams at the Telus cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad