2007 Born for the 2023 Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
1: Ryan Roobroeck

2: William Moore

3: Owen Griffin

4: Ethan Weir

5: Brady Martin

6: Luke Dragusica

7: Jake O’Brien

8: Matheus Stark

9: Lev Katzin

10: Tyler Hopkins

11: Jack Nesbitt

12: Isaac Oldenhof

13: Parker Snelgrove

14: Chase Yanni

15: Aidan Lane

16: Jacob Cloutier

17: Nico Addy

18: Rylan Singh

19: Casey Bridgewater

20: Harry Nansi

Should note that the guys from 16 onward are in a tier with many other notable players that can be flip/flopped and this list WILL change as the season goes on.

Puck Preps also has a top-20? That can be viewed if you want something a little more “professional” per say.

Already I would revisit this list haha - Matt Schaefer was Injured early in the season and has only recently gotten back to playing.
I haven’t gotten a viewing on him until the silver stick, he is as good, if not better than last year. He would slot in the top-10.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Already I would revisit this list haha - Matt Schaefer was Injured early in the season and has only recently gotten back to playing.
I haven’t gotten a viewing on him until the silver stick, he is as good, if not better than last year. He would slot in the top-10.
Tyler Hopkins working his way into the top 5 too

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Tweeted earlier today that Jack Murtagh looked really good, then he buried the Petes in 3OT and did a full length of the ice Patrick Kane dagger through the heart celebration and now I need him on the Gens.. :laugh:

Reactions: LDN

Hockeyfan1980

Jun 5, 2022
Tweeted earlier today that Jack Murtagh looked really good, then he buried the Petes in 3OT and did a full length of the ice Patrick Kane dagger through the heart celebration and now I need him on the Gens.. :laugh:
Perhaps should have cellied with the kid that fed him the puck for the big goal?

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
One more name I'd like to throw out there is Southern Tier's goalie Isaac Gravelle. Got a chance to see him when the Admirals played JRC yesterday. Positionally sound, swallowed up a lot of pucks, made two athletic saves. Looked at his stats after today, he's only given up 3 goals while playing all 5 of Southern Tier's games.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Just went back and looked at the Draft Lottery announcement from last year and it said "This adjustment was developed in consideration of the expanded unbalanced schedule that is being utilized during the 2021-22 season. The League will re-visit this format in advance of the 2023 OHL Priority Selection.". So they haven't even decided if there's a draft lottery or not this year...

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
It’s so difficult to rank US players as an “outsider” for the draft, becuase it’s so hard to gauge how likely it is they report.

Best to just stick to the Canadian kids until more information comes to light - but I agree with the post. He is one hell of a player.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
It’s so difficult to rank US players as an “outsider” for the draft, becuase it’s so hard to gauge how likely it is they report.

Best to just stick to the Canadian kids until more information comes to light - but I agree with the post. He is one hell of a player.
For sure. If he said he was coming, he’d be in my top 5. But nobody will know so he’ll go in the 8th round to London and be here in year 2

ceg195

Nov 6, 2012
What's happening today gents? I see London got bounced by JRC. To be honest, not an impressive showing for them. I watched them vs. the sens and were badly outplayed.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
What's happening today gents? I see London got bounced by JRC. To be honest, not an impressive showing for them. I watched them vs. the sens and were badly outplayed.
London for the most part is a 4-5 player team - they're not built like some of those GTHL franchises. When Roobroeck, Weir, Snelgrove, and Young are shut down, or have off games, there isn't too much else on that team.

Even still - the result is disappointing for that squad - and was the second disappointing result so far this year.

Reactions: ceg195

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Yeah London is a good team to watch as an OHL team but they'll never win. They have very little depth and almost every good GTHL team has a D-pair that can hold their top line to a goal or 2

Bishop Kearney/Marlies final. I think Jack Murtagh, Cameron Reid and Cooper Dennis from BK would all be top 30 picks if they decided to come OHL

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Toronto Marlies win Silver Stick with a 4-1 win over the Rochester Bishop Kearney Selects. Lev Katzin led the way with two goals. First time Bishop Kearney has lost in a Canadian tournament this year. (Went 7-0-1 at the Wendy Dufton Memorial Tournament and 6-0-0 in Whitby prior to the loss in the final)

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Roobreck still everyone’s 1OA after Silverstick?
He's definitely mine. Hopkins (Halton) moved into my top 5. I didn't love Moore's game this weekend despite the fact he won tournament MVP. Thought he was fine being a passenger too often for someone I expected to be a lock for top 2 overall

Hockeyfan1980

Jun 5, 2022
Roobreck still everyone’s 1OA after Silverstick?
The analysis of this weekend
He's definitely mine. Hopkins (Halton) moved into my top 5. I didn't love Moore's game this weekend despite the fact he won tournament MVP. Thought he was fine being a passenger too often for someone I expected to be a lock for top 2 overall
There is a video circulating on puckprospects instagram of Moore being announced as the MVP. As they announce, he is smiling and looking down the line, presumably at another teammate who he thought would win it. He looks completely surprised when they announced him as the MVP. I caught many non-Marlie games on HockeyTV this weekend and plan to get caught up this week.

I did catch the Halton vs BK game and agree on Hopkins. Schaefer also.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Considering how well Misa is doing in the OHL how do you people who watch minor hockey think Roobreck would be doing ? Would he be better than a good chunk of the OHL forwards? He certainly has the size.

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
1: Ryan Roobroeck

2: William Moore

3: Owen Griffin

4: Ethan Weir

5: Brady Martin

6: Luke Dragusica

7: Jake O’Brien

8: Matheus Stark

9: Lev Katzin

10: Tyler Hopkins

11: Jack Nesbitt

12: Isaac Oldenhof

13: Parker Snelgrove

14: Chase Yanni

15: Aidan Lane

16: Jacob Cloutier

17: Nico Addy

18: Rylan Singh

19: Casey Bridgewater

20: Harry Nansi

Should note that the guys from 16 onward are in a tier with many other notable players that can be flip/flopped and this list WILL change as the season goes on.

Puck Preps also has a top-20? That can be viewed if you want something a little more “professional” per say.

William McFadden? Garoto is leading the league along with Owen Griffin, both with 32 points in 11 games.

Reactions: LDN

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
William McFadden? Garoto is leading the league along with Owen Griffin, both with 32 points in 11 games.
There is so many kids I could have listed that are having great seasons - Chase Hull, Rylan Smith, Matt Schaefer, Tanner Lawson, Aidan Young, Kieran Witkowski, Luca Romano, Joseph Cadorin, Michael Lavigne, McFadden… etc.. etc.. etc..

Rankings are so fluid - the difference between #16 and my would be #45 are miniscule that any given day I could have a preference for one kid over another.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Considering how well Misa is doing in the OHL how do you people who watch minor hockey think Roobreck would be doing ? Would he be better than a good chunk of the OHL forwards? He certainly has the size.
Yeah Roobroeck could for sure already be playing in the OHL this year. Big enough and a good enough skater

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad