2000 onward Mt. Rushmore

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Their playoff performances certainly support that...

Lidstrom always played on powerhouse teams. Pronger went to the SC finals with three different teams from 2006-2010, including an underdog Edmonton team.

I'm not downplaying Lidstrom, I just rather have Pronger on my squad.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Lidstrom always played on powerhouse teams. Pronger went to the SC finals with three different teams from 2006-2010, including an underdog Edmonton team.

I'm not downplaying Lidstrom, I just rather have Pronger on my squad.
I'd pick the guy that went to the SC Finals 6 times with the same team. A team that was a powerhouse largely due to that defenseman.

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Well Lidström has 4 cups, so..

4 cups playing for powerhouse Detroit

Impressive, but not exactly fair comparison for Pronger

I'd pick the guy that went to the SC Finals 6 times with the same team. A team that was a powerhouse largely due to that defenseman.

Powerhouse largely due to him? I mean, he was part of it.

But Yzerman, Fedorov, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and the myriad of great supporting forwards and defensemen also had a hand to it.

I very much doubt that flipping Lidstrom for Pronger would have stopped those Detroit teams.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I saw the thread title and thought it meant "players drafted in 2000 and onwards".....and then opened the thread to find a flood of Lidstrom posts. :laugh:

My Rushmore (of newer draftees) would be Crosby, Ovechkin, McDavid and Kane

• Haha
Reactions: TheGoldenJet

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

But Yzerman, Fedorov, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and the myriad of great supporting forwards and defensemen also had a hand to it.

I very much doubt that flipping Lidstrom for Pronger would have stopped those Detroit teams.
Lidstrom was the single most important piece, yes.

No shot the Wings have the success they did with Pronger instead of Lidstrom. He would not have fit in that room at all.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Lidstrom was the single most important piece, yes.

No shot the Wings have the success they did with Pronger instead of Lidstrom. He would not have fit in that room at all.

I disagree, and given your username, I'm not expecting to change your mind. I'm done here. I said my piece.

Pronger > Lidstrom

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I disagree, and given your username, I'm not expecting to change your mind. I'm done here. I said my piece.

Pronger > Lidstrom
I mean, ditto with your username. Lidstrom was a perennial Byng finalist.

In height only.

Later!

steleh

Nov 8, 2013
4 cups playing for powerhouse Detroit

Impressive, but not exactly fair comparison for Pronger

You're probably right, Detroit wins just as many cups with Pronger. They were a truly special team for many years. That doesn't mean Pronger is better. I think Lidström beats him convincingly.

Duder54

Ignoring different positions to not get into it too much.... you wouldnt disagree with someone picking Chara over Lidstrom?... I'll have some of what youre having

The obvious and only right answer is Crosby Ovechkin Lidstrom and McDavid. I would hear an argument for Brodeur if someone really wanted to include a goalie, but he doesnt have a real argument over any of those 4. Carey Price? Patrick Kane? Over those 4 guys its laughable
After reflecting, I'm inclined to agree with you. If someone put a gun to my head, I'd go with Lidstrom too.

I mentioned Chara simply due to 1) longevity w/ over 1500 gp all post year 2000 2) his phyiscally imposing nature in addition to his offensive attributes.

Zur En Arrh

Apr 16, 2022
The right and only answer is

Crosby
Ovetchkin
Lidstrom
Pronger

Ainec

"Why do leaf fans make every thread about them"

Crosby/Ovechkin/Lidstrom/McDavid is the correct answer.

HM to Malkin, Pronger, Kane, Thornton
False, he was joking, usually it's other fanbases whining us into a thread... Fail!!

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
Crosby, Ovechkin, Lidstrom, and either Joe Thornton or Phil Kessel. I would even consider Pat Maroon with his 3-peat of Cups. :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Crosby
Ovechkin
Lidstrom
Brodeur

Mcdavid should be on the list but I wanted to go 2 forwards, 1 D and 1 G and Crosby/Ovechkin are more established in NHL history at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad