May 20, 2012
Ovechkin and next 99 goalscorers since 2000
1672920530769.png

2000 onward Mt. Rushmore

1672920594613.png

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Just for note, there is potentially and actually (for all human and hockey time measures) infinity onwards since 2000.

We must take it as as of now, unless we also take account wind erosion, super volcanoes, continental drift, 100+ megaton size meteor explosions, anarchy in US etc. impacts onto those ever changing busts on the cliff face. After some 800-1000 million years whole site will be molten lava, few hundred million years after the goldilock zone departed from us toward Mars by the stellar evolution of our beloved, but typical G2 main sequence star, Ra.

That unfinished cave behind the busts would be clearly Brodeur's. There are no competition. In the infinity.

As of now.
Bro, what type of weed is that?

Wouldnt Kane be on there? Has the individual awards and the cups.
Less than Malkin.

Reactions: sanscosm

cupface52

Jan 12, 2008
Burlington, On
Ovechkin & Crosby - Nothing needs to be said
Lidstrom - 7 Norris, 1 Conn Smythe - Played more seasons in the 2000's than before
McDavid - On his way to easily win his 5th Art Ross and 7th top 2 finish in 8 years. Since '12-'13 season, 3 years before he came into the league, McDavid is 4th in scoring, about to become 3rd.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Cant see it. I think the only guy you can make a case for is Hasek, because he still had a prime year or two left at the turn of the millennium.

Hard to make a case for anyone over lidstrom or McDavid.

Maybe an All Star line would be a better discussion. I think the goalie and #2D would be pretty debatable.

Which would turn into another all-out and endless Crosby vs McDavid debate.

We already have enough of those

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Depends on how one approaches the concept of 2000 onwards. I’m going into it with ones who made their debut since then.

In order of debut, for me, it’s Crosby, Ovechkin, Kane, and McDavid.

Malkin is a greater player than Kane, but he’s been too injured and inconsistent for the last 14 years which is 80% of his career.

The other three are obvious.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
For the sake of debate what about Bergeron and his 5 Selkes? not sure it's enough to knock other guys out but there aren't many from 2000 on that compete with that amount of hardware and I'm not sure anyone else has set a record for a single award in this era.

Add in his Olympic/Junior/WC golds, Stanley cup and consistent play and he could have a case.

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
For the sake of debate what about Bergeron and his 5 Selkes? not sure it's enough to knock other guys out but there aren't many from 2000 on that compete with that amount of hardware and I'm not sure anyone else has set a record for a single award in this era.

Add in his Olympic/Junior/WC golds, Stanley cup and consistent play and he could have a case.

Ovi set the record for most Rockets at 9.

Can’t think of another one outside of something dumb like players tying the record for Calders at 1.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
For me, Crosby, Ovechkin and McDavid are all locks.

#4 could be Lidstrom, Chara, Brodeur, Price, P. Kane... and I won't necessarily disagree with any of those picks.
If you flip Lidstrom and McDavid, sure.

Lidstrom since 2000 has 8x First Team honors. Chara (3x), Brodeur (3x), Price (1x) and Kane (3x) have a combined 10x.

Or, if you're feeling froggy you can flip Lidstrom and Crosby as McDavid is on his way to his 5th which would pass Crosby's 4.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
For me, Crosby, Ovechkin and McDavid are all locks.

#4 could be Lidstrom, Chara, Brodeur, Price, P. Kane... and I won't necessarily disagree with any of those picks.

Ignoring different positions to not get into it too much.... you wouldnt disagree with someone picking Chara over Lidstrom?... I'll have some of what youre having

The obvious and only right answer is Crosby Ovechkin Lidstrom and McDavid. I would hear an argument for Brodeur if someone really wanted to include a goalie, but he doesnt have a real argument over any of those 4. Carey Price? Patrick Kane? Over those 4 guys its laughable

Reactions: Duder54

steleh

Nov 8, 2013
Pretty easy really.

Has to include OV, Crosby and Lidström. Those are locks. Then you have Mcdavid, Kane and Malkin just a step below. In just a year or two more i think it's safe to put Mcdavid as a lock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad