20-21 Season Tank Thread (MOD WARNING IN OP)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Great game, Demko!

CloseOrderlyKentrosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Ah well, you can't lose them all.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Round 2 coming.

Jets better not be f***ing around anymore.

Sidewinder missiles are not meant to shoot yourselves with.
The tank will dominate tonight. We are still playing the same stupid forecheck with really slow players. Lots of goals off the rush fir the Peg guys coming.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Signing one year deals isnt something Jim Benning has never done, so not sure how that’s the same.

True, but putting a bandaid on a flawed team and trying to push for the playoffs every year despite having a bad team is the strategy Benning has taken.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
True, but putting a bandaid on a flawed team and trying to push for the playoffs every year despite having a bad team is the strategy Benning has taken.
I’m only committed to my plan for 2/3 of a season. I think you have to give your stars players to play with. I think the Dubois/Laine thing is going to become common place.

Like your ideal is signing Pettersson to 8 years. Why the heck would he do that when you’re moving one of the best players on the team. Especially given how unhappy the last exodus made him.

I don’t expect JT Miller’s value with 2 years and 1.5 years to be too different.

Entering another season hoping to finish last is not my cup of tea.

All teams are flawed by the way.

They’ve got the pieces you need to tank for. Build around them.

Anyways none of this matters if we don’t get new management. We’re united on that.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I’m only committed to my plan for 2/3 of a season. I think you have to give your stars players to play with. I think the Dubois/Laine thing is going to become common place.

Like your ideal is signing Pettersson to 8 years. Why the heck would he do that when you’re moving one of the best players on the team. Especially given how unhappy the last exodus made him.

I don’t expect JT Miller’s value with 2 years and 1.5 years to be too different.

Entering another season hoping to finish last is not my cup of tea.

All teams are flawed by the way.

They’ve got the pieces you need to tank for. Build around them.

Anyways none of this matters if we don’t get new management. We’re united on that.

So when the team fails again next year, then what? You sell at the deadline and then try the same thing over again? I just don't see the point in wasting more time. We've wasted 7 years already without an actual rebuild. I agree that we have some key pieces that you need, but we still need more.

The Pettersson and Hughes contracts would likely come before anyone else is traded anyway, though I guess there is always a risk that they end up like Eichel and want out.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
So when the team fails again next year, then what? You sell at the deadline and then try the same thing over again? I just don't see the point in wasting more time. We've wasted 7 years already without an actual rebuild. I agree that we have some key pieces that you need, but we still need more.

The Pettersson and Hughes contracts would likely come before anyone else is traded anyway, though I guess there is always a risk that they end up like Eichel and want out.
I think Pettersson and Hughes contract talks are going to drag into the offseason like most big 2nd contract guys always do.

I think they’re going to want to know the plan before signing.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The Habs and Flames are scuffling so badly right now, we might not be able to 'out-tank' them. If the Canucks even get a whiff of the playoffs, Green will load up his lineup with veterans and play them to the bitter end.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
The Habs and Flames are scuffling so badly right now, we might not be able to 'out-tank' them. If the Canucks even get a whiff of the playoffs, Green will load up his lineup with veterans and play them to the bitter end.
Playing the old slow guys, while employing the juvenile
Green system of forecheck will only guarantee we Tank better than every divisional team, including Ottawa. IMO, Green, with our old vets, can Tank us to a top three overall pick. Hello!

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
We had the hardest schedule up till now playing 25 games (while Dallas only played 16, like what?). Hope the easy schedule down the stretch doesn't hurt tank and Benning/Green won't use that as an excuse again. Tired of hearing "tired" as an excuse.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
We had the hardest schedule up till now playing 25 games (while Dallas only played 16, like what?). Hope the easy schedule down the stretch doesn't hurt tank and Benning/Green won't use that as an excuse again. Tired of hearing "tired" as an excuse.
More likely lots of teams, down south, won’t get to to 56 games. Bettman already said teams playing a different number if total games was to be expected. He said playoffs will be determined by winning %.
I hope draft lottery odds are the same, so we get a really good chance at a top five pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad