Post-Game Talk: 2 Down, 2 To Go

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
The problem is the other guys know exactly what you're gonna do in that situation and I'd really like to see fewer turnovers that lead to extended zone time for the likes of Nurse and Ceci.
Absolutely agree but at the same time I don't trust his judgement to pick his spots using the middle.

He's a coaching nightmare.

Reactions: McDoused

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Biz called the flames to make the playoffs and finish ahead of the Nucks. He’s overall good for hockey but he makes some bad calls

Bissonette is strange because he clearly has knowledge of the game in the sense of breaking down systems, play on ice, etc.

His analysis of which teams are better than other teams is usually completely out to lunch in every way. Still laugh thinking about how he crowned the Kings as having "the best centre depth in the league" after getting Dubois lol.

Knowledgeable about on ice stuff, equivalent knowledge of causal water cooler fan at everything else.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Slasha Barkov not so elite defensively when he can’t slash his way to defensive plays.

-4 in last 2 games.

He had a +/- of 0 and had more games with a (-) in this playoff than a (+) even before this series.

Media group think and narrative building is frustrating at the best of times, but this was almost to a new level. Especially "he held Panarin without a point!!" when he wasn't even matched up against Panarin for the most part 5v5.

The narrative about Barkov for year is "soooooooo underrated!" so I think what happens is fans and media go out of their way to shower praise on him to show that they know what they're talking about by not "underrating" him. However, as a result he is now grossly overrated. Great player, don't get me wrong, but the suggestion that he's the best defensive forward since Trottier or was going to casually shut McDavid down is laughable. Didn't even notice him playing last night.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Panthers don't get to play the "but we should've had a PP" card when their PP is getting outscored by Connor Brown.

In both Game 2 and 5 I was actually happy we were going on the PK. In Game 2 we couldn't do anything, and in 5 we had a run of bad shifts before going down a man. Game 2 didn't go our way, but we took the game over after the goal in Game 5. Even in Game 4, we weren't getting walked on, but again an early PK allowed us to be in a position to set the tone.

Our PK is so lethal, and the Panthers PP is much more docile in pace than their 5v5 attack. Give us a chance to get our feet under us, get some space to get comfortable, and get back in the game. I HATE to potentially jinx it, but our PK is an asset in many ways at the moment. I'd rather defend on the PK than 5v5.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Also, holy shit, the ice seemed awful yesterday. I suppose it was an issue for both teams, though, but wow.

NHL needs to start preparing now for ways to address this ahead of a potential Game 7.

It is not acceptable for the ice to be this bad in a Championship series in the best league in the world. I don't care if the game is being played in the Mojave Desert, find a way to make it better and figure it the f*** out. If their fans have to be a little chilly in the stands then so be it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad