Post-Game Talk: 2 Down, 2 To Go

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Edmonton
Guys I love Evan Bouchard. He has surpassed my expectations, not so much offensively as defensively.

McDavid should win the Conn Smythe unanimously but Bouchard would be a worthy candidate in any other playoffs.

He's found a pretty good balance between his calm demeanor and playoff intensity. He's learned to use that Old Man Strength without any cheap shots.

Trying to figure out who he reminds me of. Maybe Leetch. A bit of Zubov (keeping it in at the blue line). A bit of MacInnis.

He deserves more recognition, even from our own fanbase.

But if that maybe helps keep him cheap I'd be fine with it. :sarcasm:

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
5iKHFnW.gif
Luongo secretly happy since he grew up an Oilers fan.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
What a knee knocker! That had to be one of the best games I’ve seen from McDavid. You could tell he wanted it the most out of every player on the ice. Now we get to go back to Edmonton with our amazing fan base! Hopefully the extra energy pushes us over the top and forces a potential game 7 :naughty:

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
So many oilers haters on sportsnet, TSN, this forum, reddit, they are all getting very nervous now...

As much as I hate on Sportsnet, I do have to give them props (again) for putting together a great post-game crew that seem to be having fun hosting it in Osmak, Ken Reid and Gazdic. Actually enjoy watching their banter between post game interviews

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
In the Presence of Greatness

Connor McDavid with back to back games for the ages. Hitch a ride Oilers the Captain is delivering in the biggest moment to keep this dream season moving forward. Legendary.

Skinner backstopped this team through a white knuckle ride. Excellent early and critical to help this team get on its footing in an elimination game. Connor two with a superlative game showing such smart anticipation on his critical first game. The skating has caught up with his hockey sense and in the biggest spotlight he and Janmark are excelling among the best Oilers forwards. Bouchard a sneaky 3 point game on a game high 26:14 toi.

Incredible to see this team compartmentalize its task to grind through two elimination games and now to drag them back to Alberta.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad