GDT: 2/13/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Buffalo

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
We're seriously going to lose to Buffalo. But please Yzerman... let's make sure to make as much time as possible to pitter patter and convince everyone that we are not a team to be trading with while we play like idiots
Yzerman playing hard ball for sure lol and it’s not working

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
This game is not over. We scored 2 goals in 20 seconds last night, 2 in 15 minutes is no big deal.

Reactions: Master P

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016
I don't think this team has anyone in the locker room who can shake them up with some real ass kicking. I don't think they have the leadership they need either from a player or coach.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
That defense on paper is atrocious.

Not really.

The only questionable spots are the #2LD and #1RD. Bottom pairing is fine if Coburn wasn't sucking this season, but he is. Girardi has been solid. Stralman is underachieving lately and Sergachev although a rookie, looks worse than Sustr in his own end at times. His pinching has cost us so many goals lately I have lost count. I'll grant you that one. Even Hedman's pairing is getting walked. Dotchin is regressing, or at least coming back down to earth. When you compare our defensive group to the Penguins the past two seasons, it's not bad. At all. It's just playing irresponsible and awful.

I will reiterate the fact our team defense is non existent as well.

This is not a cup winning team, sadly. People can say stop overreacting it's one game, or we will get better in the playoffs...nah. Boston, Pittsburgh and every other team heating up right now is not doing what we are doing. Their defense also isn't heavily suspect and on paper, doesn't look much better but they're doing fine lately. We arent. From forwards not backchecking, to coasters, to defenseman, we look on level or worse at times than last year in our own end. Vasy playing on another level has also masked a lot of our problems too.

Seems a common problem when a goalie isn't playing on another level we see what our team really looks like.

This is pathetic. Getting trashed by the Buffalo Sabres. Embarassing.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
4 Goals by an Eichel-less Buffalo. Strong!

This team is in a rut. The effort just isn't there.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Boston leads 3-2.

They are the favorites at this point to win the Atlantic. Amazing start negated.

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016
Sabres outplaying us in the 3rd period instead of the opposite. We might be only down 2 goals but we have looked like we should be down 4.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
That’s probably the game but you can never count out us from getting back in to it. If we do go on to lose I can’t wait for the same excuses which they come out with “ we need to try harder” we need to get the puck out of our zone”. I hate to say it but this team won’t win the cup with the defence we have the same errors have cost us, we really need to look into upgrading the D. Boston certainly looks like it there for the taking.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Boston leads 3-2.

They are the favorites at this point to win the Atlantic. Amazing start negated.

Nope, that amazing start allows us to have a cushion for stretches like this. The goal is to make the playoffs and win the stanley cup, not to win the presidents trophy.

Reactions: JoVel

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Sabres outplaying us in the 3rd period instead of the opposite. We might be only down 2 goals but we have looked like we should be down 4.
Bolts dominated them at the start of the 3rd, that 4th goal just took the wind out of the sails.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Nope, that amazing start allows us to have a cushion for stretches like this. The goal is to make the playoffs and win the stanley cup, not to win the presidents trophy.
Goal should be to have home ice advantage in the playoffs...

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
This is ninth time in past 17 games we have allowed four or more goals. Have lost six of them. Ouch:thumbd:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
My brother is Buffalo fan so that part is going to suck.

We have to remember that Buffalo did also beat Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $10,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00