Post-Game Talk: 1st place once again, Jets win 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Might get ripped apart for this . But if Wheelers contract wasn’t over in 2 years I would probably say he’s earned the C back

He’s being selfless , hard working , leading by example, his attitude is light years better then in years past. He’s basically a captain without a letter right now and it’s showing
It’s a amazing what maturing does to a person in general.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
The Jets are flying high, the Miami cats...not so much...

giphy.gif

The new Prediction Contest thread has been posted for the game against St. Louis and with an updated leaderboard....

giphy.gif

Yes! Congratulations @SLAYER on hitting the trifecta tonight, picking the correct team to win, the correct final score and the correct player to score the opener! Way to go! It should be noted that last year no one hit the trifecta, while this year we have had three already! Keep it up everyone, it makes for an interesting contest!

While I'm at it, don't forget to register for your very own GDT! There are plenty still available, with @SUX2BU signed up for the Blues game on Thursday! We all look forward to your creation and for you to get in the win column...:thumbu:

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
Was at the game again. Awesome win

Was very impressed with shif PLD and wheeler.

Shoot around before the game Florida Goalies letting a lot in. They didn’t look sharp.

I’ll say it now. I’ve seen a lot of good this year from the Jets. I would not mind sacrificing some good prospects or picks for loading up for the playoffs. I know it’s early but a few of our key players are firing on all cylinders. Doesn’t happen every year. I say go for it.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The way Scheifele talks about Maurice’s exit and Bones coming on board is just so telling.

The team had totally checked out on Paul, it’s fascinating to see Scheifele just basically say that without directly saying it.

Yeah, it was clear Moe lost Mark awhile ago. Really interesting that he doesn't actually have much good to say about him though.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Was at the game again. Awesome win

Was very impressed with shif PLD and wheeler.

Shoot around before the game Florida Goalies letting a lot in. They didn’t look sharp.

I’ll say it now. I’ve seen a lot of good this year from the Jets. I would not mind sacrificing some good prospects or picks for loading up for the playoffs. I know it’s early but a few of our key players are firing on all cylinders. Doesn’t happen every year. I say go for it.
We are firing on all cylinders why sacrifice the future when we can’t get fa when we are winning now ?
Would rather win now and in the future like Boston does.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Yeah, it was clear Moe lost Mark awhile ago. Really interesting that he doesn't actually have much good to say about him though.
Ya the media has given him so many opportunities to say something nice and he has not even come close to doing so. Very interesting and not what I would have expected.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Might get ripped apart for this . But if Wheelers contract wasn’t over in 2 years I would probably say he’s earned the C back

He’s being selfless , hard working , leading by example, his attitude is light years better then in years past. He’s basically a captain without a letter right now and it’s showing

Agreed. I don't think the C should have been stripped in the first place and the way he has handled the situation is proof of that. Most people including most here wouldn't be able to handle a situation like that the way Wheeler has.

Reactions: Andy6

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
LOL @ these Scheifele quotes:

Not sure what to think about it, I thought Maurice and Scheifele were boys.

It appeared so in the beginning. I guess in the end both parties just got complacent, neither caring about Chef’s TOI for example.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Ya the media has given him so many opportunities to say something nice and he has not even come close to doing so. Very interesting and not what I would have expected.

Which begs the question why ownership/management elected to keep him around as long as they did. The minute the coach losses your franchise player it's game over. I doubt Mark was alone in his thoughts either.

There are dozens of coaches of the caliber of Maurice around that can be had fairly easily. It's incredibly hard find elite talent though.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Agreed. I don't think the C should have been stripped in the first place and the way he has handled the situation is proof of that. Most people including most here wouldn't be able to handle a situation like that the way Wheeler has.
I think it should of been stripped . It’s allowed more voices in the room and everyone’s more involved.

It’s what he’s done after that’s proved he’s worthy of it to me.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Which begs the question why ownership/management elected to keep him around as long as they did. The minute the coach losses your franchise player it's game over. I doubt Mark was alone in his thoughts either.

There are dozens of coaches of the caliber of Maurice around that can be had fairly easily. It's incredibly hard find elite talent though.

Always possible that players were holding their tongues.

Puff pieces like this from Murat where part of the ownership goes to bat for the coach might give anyone the idea that Maurice had the ear of the owner.

Reactions: thereturn

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I won't say how I know, but I know that one of the major reasons PoMo left was because there was someone on the room he couldn't stand.

As it was told to me (from the guy PoMo told - mods message me if needed) was that Scotty Bowman once said to him that it's time to get out when you're at the rink and you're dreading that one guy coming in in the morning.

At the time inwas told this I wasn't sure who was being referred to, but I'd guess now it was shief

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It's nice to hear Scheifele sound so motivated again.

I hope this was an eye opener to Mark.

Puff pieces like this from Murat where part of the ownership goes to bat for the coach might give anyone the idea that Maurice had the ear of the owner.

Oh I have no doubt Maurice was on good terms with Chipman. It was after all Mark who announced his last contract not the GM.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

Considering how much personal burden being the captain has, I'm not even sure he'd want it back after this.

When you're the owner, you can be friendly with your workers, but don't be friends with them. You might have to make hard decisions. Chipman didn't want to make those hard decisions. It arguably cost the team 2.5 seasons.

None

Feb 22, 2012
When you're the owner, you can be friendly with your workers, but don't be friends with them. You might have to make hard decisions. Chipman didn't want to make those hard decisions. It arguably cost the team 2.5 seasons.

He's probably paying for it now in ticket sales, those were miserable years to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad