GDT: #18 Devils vs Capitals: Groundhog Day Part II, High Noon Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

slammer

Oct 28, 2010
Hessen
I agree.

Henrique is more of a hybrid of like Elias and Zajac. He can play the "meat and potatoes" like game but can also play a skilled game.

I change it up all the time, but say we do put Zajac with guys who are better fit for his game...

Henrique-Loktionov-Kovalchuk
Elias-Zajac-Clarkson
Ponikarovski-????-Butler
Barch-Gionta-Bernier

We could call JJ up and play him in the ??? spot.
NO, please...Henrique should stay C.

Poni-Henrique-Kovalchuk
Elias-Zajac-Clarkson
Carter/Teddy-Loki-Butler
Teddy/Carter-Gionta-Bernier

when Zubrus is back, put him 2nd LW

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
18 games = OMG TERRIBLE CONTRACT ZAJAC SUCKS FIRE LOU CALL UP BERGFORS

Chill out guys. He's not getting points, but he will eventually. Be patient.

NBC Hockey

Mar 13, 2009
It's okay his defense/faceoffs makes him worth his contract apparently. Guy needs to get it going offensively he's bringing nothing

Apparently? Who is happy with his play right now? He is aware he is slumping. This is not normal for him.

If we are judging his contract based off of 18 games after he was a key part in our run during the playoffs, I am happy none of us are the GM of this team.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Love Zajac, but hated his new contract from the start. Pure knee jerk move by Lou.

Should have been 4.75ish, especially for the length he was given.

Like an extra 750k is really that important when you're dealing with a must retain player? But hey, people want the guys signed before they go FA well this is the other side of it, if the guy's production suddenly goes downhill.

And really Travis hasn't been great offensively since 2009-10 other than the playoffs last year (which is a big other than). Still need him though, especially with the lack of our center depth past Henrique who everyone here wants to turn into a wing.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What is with their horse racing analogies today? Chico was comparing Clarkson and Fehr to two horses that wouldn't stay put before the race.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Lines should be -

Elias-Henrique-Kovalchuk
Ponikarovsky-Zajac-Clarkson
Matteau-Loktionov-Bernier
Barch-Gionta-Butler

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I like Matteau, but he needs to go back I'm sorry.

I could see the tools are there, but he needs time to hone them better, whether it's the Q or the AHL. I know he can't go to the AHL though, but you see him in the right place and with the right idea, but not able to finish it.

Like perfect example he was in the right place on that last shift and had the right idea of returning the puck to Bernier behind the net, but he didn't pull it off. A guy like Carter really is just a more honed version of Matteau at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad