GDT: #18 Devils vs Capitals: Groundhog Day Part II, High Noon Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well at least if we do lose we know what the title of the PGT should be...'The **** off edition'

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Who are we blaming that goal on?

It's hard to say.

I don't think you can say anyone was at fault. If anything, Clarkson should've picked up that man. You can't say Fayne was supposed to stay there because he would've taken himself way out of position.

It was a nice play by the Caps, and that's really all what it comes down to. I forget what happened beforehand.

That's Clarkson's responsibility, not that it's been shown.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lol can't exactly blame Fayne for drifting considering how open Ribiero was in the slot.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

It's hard to say.

I don't think you can say anyone was at fault. If anything, Clarkson should've picked up that man. You can't say Fayne was supposed to stay there because he would've taken himself way out of position.

It was a nice play by the Caps, and that's really all what it comes down to. I forget what happened beforehand.

pretty much.

Patty bit high on the curl so clarkson had to go low and he's not really good at that, he should be covering the point. it was just a goofy play all around.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA

It's hard to say.

Moose laying down on the job:laugh:

Oroku Saki*

So Ovy is allowed to check players who are no where near the puck?

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
Just some nice passing and a wicked shot....Clarkson should have stayed on his feet but a quick bang-bang play..

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Was that Clarky sliding in front of Ribiero? Leaving Ovie wide open.

lol can't exactly blame Fayne for drifting considering how open Ribiero was in the slot.

There's your problem. Clarkson didn't cover Kovalchuk like he should have.

Exactly.

Clarkson's got to realize that Ovechkin is over there. Fayne can't afford to be that far away from the front.

Elias was also a bit too aggressive, it was a combination of a bunch of errors.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ

It's hard to say.

Volchy is not doing great there. He is too far in gap control and not in between puck and goal so he ends up behind his player which makes the Cap player being able to start the setup. That's what "physical play" with not enough agility does, and that's why Greene is our best D-man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad