GDT: #18 Devils vs Capitals: Groundhog Day Part II, High Noon Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Swap Barch with Josefson, put butler/Lotki on top line and poni on third.
Butler/Lotki-Zajac-Kovy
Elias-Henrique-Clarky
Poni-Josefson/Lotki-Butler/Josefson
CBGB

Semak

The kid wants the joy of assisting on a modern Russian hockey icon's goal. Most likely one of his heroes growing up.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
If you are next RW up after Kovalchuk, as Bobby Butler just was, sometimes your line's entire shift passes without you getting on the ice.

Oh Kovy lol

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
Mn is Zajac COLD or what? He's got like 1 point in what? the past 10 games or so? Try Lokti with Kovy and Poni.

RNCDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
The Barch thing...I don't get it. Toughness is a team thing. If you have all creampuffs and one enforcer you are still getting run over. With Clarkson, CBGB, Zubrus, Matteau, I think there's enough toughness.

Possession and flow over 1 goon. But hey, every single team does it so what do I know.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
The Barch thing...I don't get it. Toughness is a team thing. If you have all creampuffs and one enforcer you are still getting run over. With Clarkson, CBGB, Zubrus, Matteau, I think there's enough toughness.

Possession and flow over 1 goon. But hey, every single team does it so what do I know.

Right now. It's understandable. Him playing over Matteau is also understandable. He's a pretty good player, better than most enforcers. Not on the level of a Shawn Thornton but he's still good.

If he's still playing when we are entirely healthy, meaning Zubrus and Ponikarovski, I'm going to lose my ****.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
They really should take Zajac away from Kovy...he's not creative enough. Henrique, Elias, and even Lotki are more creative. Zajac is more of a meat and potatoes, grind it out, cycling player. Put him with Clarky and Poni or something idk bc he's bringing Kovy down

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Love Zajac, but hated his new contract from the start. Pure knee jerk move by Lou.

Should have been 4.75ish, especially for the length he was given.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Hey Kovy only played 5:46 in the first, yay!

Edit: Actually no 6:37

By comparison:

Loktionov played 4:20. All even strength.

Kovalchuk played 4:36 even strength.

They really should take Zajac away from Kovy...he's not creative enough. Henrique, Elias, and even Lotki are more creative. Zajac is more of a meat and potatoes, grind it out, cycling player. Put him with Clarky and Poni or something idk bc he's bringing Kovy down

I agree.

Henrique is more of a hybrid of like Elias and Zajac. He can play the "meat and potatoes" like game but can also play a skilled game.

I change it up all the time, but say we do put Zajac with guys who are better fit for his game...

Henrique-Loktionov-Kovalchuk
Elias-Zajac-Clarkson
Ponikarovski-????-Butler
Barch-Gionta-Bernier

We could call JJ up and play him in the ??? spot.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Don't mind Travs contract so much. We'd be screwed without his faceoff ability but he just looks lost out there at times. He doesn't shoot anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad