GDT: #17 Devils vs Capitals: Groundhog Day Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Can we bump the ''Henrik Tallinder is better than you think'' thread?

I need a good laugh right now at feed me a stray cat's pro Tallinder commentary. The truth is he's sucked most of his tenure with the Devils. This is nothing new.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
@ToddCordell: Henrik Tallinder has been burned BAD at least a few times tonight and he's played more than Adam Larsson. Okay then.

:amazed: :shakehead

If this doesn't scream please play well so we can trade you, nothing does. Cordell seems as mad as we are lol

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
We've been the better team 5v5 tonight. I don't like to blame the refs, but I'm one more phantom call away from throwing my remote through my door

Wouldn't even bother me if they weren't blatantly missing calls against the Caps, too. And I ****ing HATE being the REFFFFF$$$$$$$$$$$$ guy.

kill me

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We were still struggling before that happened. We were pinned for a minute. Teams PK needs to be better. Especially taking into account BS calls.

It would improve with Fayne, he has been one of our best PKers, but ya it is overall slumping. Still first one was Tally getting coned, second Gionta gets body slammed, no call and the play breaks down. Not saying the PK is good right now, but it is salvageable.

Tally's TOI is inexcusable. More then Larsson? IF this is showcasing him we might not even get a 7th for him after this crap.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens

I need a good laugh right now at feed me a stray cat's pro Tallinder commentary. The truth is he's sucked most of his tenure with the Devils. This is nothing new.

:laugh:

But his Corsi/Fenwick numbers demonstrate that.........

all i see is a traffic cone, forgive me.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

I think we need a Foster-esque "Tallinder must go thread"

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
:laugh: Exactly. This is just making him less movable. At this point I doubt Lou can get rid of him without buying him out.

Another few games of this and they might have to do what the Habs and Rangers wanted to do with Gomez and Redden, just send him home and buy him out at the end of the year.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY

Tallinder was objectively useful for most of his first season here, at least compared to the rest of the D.

Since then it has gone downhill a little, I admit.

battlingBard56

May 30, 2011
Union County, NJ
Refs need to stop setting picks on our players. And if they continue to do so, I hope we make them pay the price for it. If they get in our way, knock them on their *****. Bad enough the Caps are getting away with some questionable stuff, we don't need the officials being the Caps sixth player. I don't care if it's accidental or not, it's disgusting.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Seriously, someone needs to post the split of Tallinder in the lineup last year and out of the lineup. It was almost as bad as the split with Langs in the lineup and out/off the team the previous year.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tallinder was objectively useful for most of his first season here, at least compared to the rest of the D.

Since then it has gone downhill a little, I admit.

The second half of that year yes. He was awful the first half. So was everybody though so I didn't hold that against them.

engy

Mar 12, 2012
Why are people solely targeting Tallinder? Yeah he hasn't had a good game but the other defensemen hasn't been great either. We get you hate him and have some personal prejudice against Henrik; that doesn't mean he is ECHL level nor does it mean he has no value to the team.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Seriously, someone needs to post the split of Tallinder in the lineup last year and out of the lineup. It was almost as bad as the split with Langs in the lineup and out/off the team the previous year.

Gimme a minute I'll find it for you.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I wonder if every board is so chicken little, and I think that was a bad period too but still.

Well i tend agree i complain about some lineup.moves but all in all their play has been ok and they could easily win this game....but this lineup.of dmen is too slow and deficient at moving the puck...if they they r showcasing tallinder they just hurt their cause ...

Status Quo*

coolest-traffic-cone-halloween-costume-21296287.jpg

Someone photoshop Tallinder's face where the girls face is and the Devils logo over Hawaii's logo.

apice3*

Over the last 12 games, we have been on the PP more than the opposition ONCE - the 1st win against the Penguins when they took like 100 penalties in the 3rd period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad