Prospect Info: #166 Overall, LW Josh Filmon, Swift Current WHL

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Was looking at the Devils prospects and I must say for a guy that didn't get a lot of mentions around here this year Josh Filmon did pretty great this season and still doing great in the playoffs.

Last year stats

GP G A PTS

This year

GP G A PTS

First year he said "Hey Devils I can score" this year he decided to change it up and say "Hey Devils I can Playmake"

Right now in the WHL playoffs he is

GP G A PTS

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
I would like to see him regain his form from two seasons ago, where he was scoring at will in the CHL.

Not sure what happened to him last season, but I think he can get his development back on track with a strong year in Utica.
didn't his focus change to defensive game, or was that a diff prospect
Most prospects say that if they had a disappointing year.

I thought the issue was that he was moved to C for a while.

Reactions: My3Sons

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
@Guttersniped watched him in prospect camp last season and can probably elaborate.

The brain fog won’t help here but I thought his skating was fine.

Unfortunately I’m out of town and won’t catch Development Camp this year.

I was happy to hear that he killed penalties and working on other aspects of his game last season.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The brain fog won’t help here but I thought his skating was fine.

Unfortunately I’m out of town and won’t catch Development Camp this year.

I was happy to hear that he killed penalties and working on other aspects of his game last season.
Ugh, your development camp notes were always so helpful. Hopefully brain fog is transient and nothing serious. Stay well.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta

Filmon is doing exactly what everyone wanted him to do last season, didn't put up as much points as the season before but worked on becoming a more complete player. So more PK and better in the defensive zone. He's also trying to fill out his body. Really wants to have a good camp and make the team but is okay with getting some guidance and heading down to Utica. He's practicing in Winnipeg with Seth Jarvis and Cody Glass.
--------

Posted this in the main discussion thread but seeing as people were questioning his last season I posted it here. I'm sure there is someway for people to check his defensive stats this year and compare it to the previous season but I aint doing that shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad