Prospect Info: 15th Overall, Michael Brandsegg-Nygaard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
They said the same thing about Kasper
And Kasper started slow when he was recovering from an impactful injury and surgery, found his stride halfway through the season, and still finished with 0.5ppg. He fought through a lot of adversity. Recovery fro injury, new team, smaller ice surface and different style of play, living in a new culture, etc. If he struggles in his 2nd season, then there'll be cause for concern. But I have a feeling he's tuned in and won't be looking back.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Looks like MBN had a bad day, twice in the penalty box today was his contribution. We'll see how he does in Detroit's camp, but I don't think they'll rush him to the NHL. Let him play at least this season in the SHL.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
YouTube link to MBNs qualification game. For some reason, iihf has this as unlisted on YouTube

I only caught the first period of this match. So far the game was pretty sloppy from both teams. MBN had some solid defensive plays and was his line’s best option when getting pucks out of their zone. His line didn’t generate much offensively, spending a lot of time hemmed into their zone.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Looks like MBN had a bad day, twice in the penalty box today was his contribution. We'll see how he does in Detroit's camp, but I don't think they'll rush him to the NHL. Let him play at least this season in the SHL.
He was solid. Norway’s just not that talented of a team. And Solberg who is overall a nice prospect had a brutal game.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
He was solid. Norway’s just not that talented of a team. And Solberg who is overall a nice prospect had a brutal game.

Give Denmark some credit. They came in and made Norway play down to their skill level. Denmark did a good job of forcing Norway to play ugly and did a good job to break up passing plays. Norway just seemed unable to adjust.

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Denmark and Norway are ranked 11 and 12 by the IIHF. The two teams also played each other at the Worlds back in May, then Norway won.

Norway's loss today was more a result of some poor individual efforts, including MBN and Solberg. But they're only 18 years old, they'll be fine. Also the Danish goalie was great, Hurricanes' Andersen.

Last edited:
Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Denmark and Norway are ranked 11 and 12 by the IIHF. The two teams also played each other at the Worlds back in May, then Norway won.

Norway's loss today was more a result of some poor individual efforts, including MBN and Solberg. But they're only 18 years old, they'll be fine. Also the Danish goalie was great, Hurricanes' Andersen.
Did you actually watch the game? Sounds like you were forming your opinion off a boxscore.
It's super, super funny how there's finally a game where MBN doesn't score and the negative comments come pouring out lol.

Reactions: DamonDRW

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.youtube.com
Hey guys,

Not sure if you saw a post I made over on the Prospects board here - but I put together a video on Michael Brandsegg-Nygard and came away very pleasantly surprised (I'm mostly a USHL guy, so he's out of my normal sight line). I didn't want to step all over the live viewing stuff that was going on, but if you're interested, here it is...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad