GDT: #15 Devils vs. Blues / 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So he goes for the early goalie pull when shorthanded and on the power play but not at even strength? Makes perfect sense.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well someone tell MSG it's no goal they still have the score up at 2-1.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
PLEASE LET IT COUNT!

I just don't want Havlat with the game winner.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
At least we weren't shutout by Calgary or Columbus or some other TRASH that bleeds goals.

The Cory Schneider special tonight. Allow 1 or 2 goals and lose cause the team gets shutout. He might lead the league for most losses when allowing 2 or fewer goals in NHL history.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Yikes, that wasnt pretty. Key is to get back on track next game and not let this snowball into a losing streak

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Well. Sucks to lose that one.

But that game tells me all I need to know about Kalinin. Glad we picked him up.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
We had one PP and wasted it with Schlemko. This dude shot is garbage. He's only a good skater, like Harrold, he took a stupid penalty too.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I feel like this is what I expected going into the season but given the recent performance it's upsetting.

Cammalleri, Henrique, Stempniak, Zajac, and Palmieiri all had very average games. However, they've been carrying this team for a while so that's expected. Josefson and Kalinin looked really good tonight I thought. Kalinin was our best forward by far. The rest were average as well.

The defense was good but not great aside for a few mistakes. Just an all-around bad game tonight.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Rough game, but the Blues are a good team, and also a team that we probably don't match up against too well. Hopefully we can manage another bounce-back game against Chicago.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Schlemko made some really confident moves and his foot speed and agility is really impressive. I wish we saw more of the Devils from the last 3 minutes for the last 2 periods.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm more mad that Havlat's pint of desecrated bone dust scored a goal on us at all tonight.

Hope he kept the puck, might be one of the last of his career.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Rough game, but the Blues are a good team, and also a team that we probably don't match up against too well. Hopefully we can manage another bounce-back game against Chicago.

It's really their worst effort since Opening Night, maybe including Opening Night. I just wish we weren't playing the Hawks in a revenge road game two nights later, if we lose two in a row that puts a bit of pressure on the Saturday night game.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I didn't even realize this was Havlat's debut, more lolz

When was the last game he played with the Devils, pre trade deadline? He and Ryder were ostracized after that.

EDIT: Just looked it up he actually played two games in March, I guess they had no other options those games lol

GDDevils*

Not my point but it was how they were making chances gaining our zone at getting it at the net multiple times in the 2nd.

And we typically allow teams to do that and have the outside shot.

I was talking about blown coverages, failed clears, bad passes. The things we've been pretty good at the last few games. Our defense is usually good at not allowing second or third chances. Also the transition game is supposed to be one of their strong suits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad